Flare to compare ... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ok , I was inspired by a recent 'lift' thread to start this one . I'm interested in knowing some measurements ; hub-centre to flare-bottom .

I went with the light front/med read OME lift , and my readings are as follows : Front: 21 3/8" , Rear: 23" .

I have no other aftermarket iron weighing it down , and have removed the rear seats . Even prior to removing the seats the rig had a pretty steep rake . I was walking out of wally mart this morning and as I walked up to it , I felt it was a little much . I may ask about spacers later for the front , once we all establish a baseline .

So what does a level 80 measure . More to the point , must the front and rear measurements be identical for a level attitude ?

Let me know what 'your' Fr/Rr measurements are and whether you like your LC's attitude .. 8)

Cheers ,

Tyler

PS : If your LC needed an attitude adjustment , post lift , what was your sol'n , it's effect , and are you satisfied with your decision ?

Yo Tyler, there was a thread I started on the sor forum titled "lift mathematics" My measurements as well as Christos are in there. IIRC my front ones were around 23.5" as well as the rears. This is with a Kaymar in the rear and nothing up front and heavy all around (non j). With that measurement equal there is still some nose down attitude.

CruisinGA...I need that fix too...care to pony up for me? :D

[quote author=CruisinGA link=board=2;threadid=4470;start=msg33470#msg33470 date=1061391189]
Tyler-Your only solution is a slee rear bumper w/tire carrier. :D
[/quote]

That is not the only option, but it is a good one.

If you are going to buy one for Mr. Kunz, please add me to the waiting list as well. ::)

Well , sounds nice ... always has . But until Slee has no money down , no payments till 2005 with only 2% interest , I won't be able to enjoy such a great mod :'( :'( :'(

But I could probably swing enough $$ for a spacer , if that would bring the front up enough to create just a 'lil nose down attitude . So how about it , is a spacer my answer 'now' ? I need to know a little more about them . For instance do they throw off steering any , when they lift the rig another inch ? Maybe a good time for a castor correction kit ...

Tyler

PS : Anyone want to take a $55000 Glendale Titanium 34' fifth wheel of my hands ... pweeeeeeez . SOB payments are sucking me dry while it sits on a lot for sale . @#$%^ :mad: :mad: :-X

(from another thread)

"Downey springs circa 1994:

Front 22 inches

Rear 21.5 inches

3/4 tank fuel, drawers, Garvin roof rack, 305/70 tire on steel wheel down under, Hanna sliders, Stout front bumper/ 8k Warn winch, blower, single battery and 3 bucks in change, evenly distributed."

Tyler, I'm packing quite a bit more tare weight in the back than you are. I would estimate about 250 to 300 lbs. I also have more weight up front yet I'm about 3/4 inch higher. As I'm configured now it sits almost level. I would be interested to know your rear measurment with about 300 lbs in the back and which rear OME's you have. I have been thinking about 863's. I've tested 864's and they are tooooooo much.

With all the stuff listed below and some 1" rubber spacers, my measurements from centre of wheel to under fender flare are 23 1/2" front and 24 3/4" rear. I do have a bit of a nose down attitude. That was before the springs had a chance to settle.
Sean

Tyler,
Do the spacer for now. Yes, it's always better to lower the rear by adding more weight than being high. Only valid reason for going higher is to fit bigger tires. But, if it's temporary and you just want to level the beach out :eek:, give her a good kick, throw in a spacer and be done with it. You can likely turn around and sell the spacer for almost the same price once you put on a real rear bumper.

Of course if you sold that darn entertainment system you could put on the rear bumper :flipoff2:, but LOL, I do understand priorities. :flipoff2:

Looks like Mr Gasket 1" spacers are the way to go for now then ...

"Second home.."- I love it ! Unhuh , if you add in car insurance , my cruiser is costing more a month than the condo !! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :p

Only live once eh ...

Tyler -- Carpe Diem !

[quote author=Tyler link=board=2;threadid=4470;start=msg33896#msg33896 date=1061514325]
"Second home.."- I love it ! Unhuh , if you add in car insurance , my cruiser is costing more a month than the condo !! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :p[/quote]
LOL - your rig prob has nicer curtains too. :flipoff2: :flipoff2: :flipoff2: :flipoff2: :flipoff2: :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom