FJC with FJ40 emblems - How does it look ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

FirstToy said:
-and I agree with you. So back to the topic, I guess you don't like the LC emblem on the FJC either

-If you think this, than Toyota marketing completely failed.
That is all they advertise to and want exposure in- the offroaders. That is where all their ad resources are going.
I think they did a good job and are smart- it has convinced many skeptics here about the capability of the FJC.

As a 1981 FJ40 Owner The LandCruiser emblem is staying on my FJ40.

You either misunderstood my point or I didn't explain myself.

Where I was trying to go with that 2nd paragraph was that the reason we don't have solid front axles dual lockers and all that good stuff in the US is because most of the buyers and the actual geographic conditions of the United States does not justifies it so.

Lets try to set up an comparasion to explain my self better

Venezuela: You have snow, desert, mountains left and right 4 Lane highways are not abundant. Lost of agricultural work (in order to get to the "farm" you don't have nice paved roads) also steep paved hills are actually quite normal. All the roads to access this offroading places are not paved like in most cases in the US and the frequent use roads are kinda like the Australian Outback(execpt big cities and capitals)

USA: You have snow, desert, mountains on certain places of the country. 4 Lane Highways are everywhere. Agricultural work is teamed with paved roads all over ther place. Hills/unpaved roads are rarities(normal use) and to access all the ORV Trails there's always a paved road that leads to the entrance.

That's why in Venezuela you have a Current up to date 80 series(all of them with factory lockers and SAS no airbags, A/C is an option same with power everything) for the "expensive" top of the line LandCruiser and you have the 70 series for the more "affordable" LandCruiser(factory lockers , SAS, pretty much the same as the 80 series)

On the other hand in the US you have a more luxury, no lockers, IFS $50k LAncruiser for the top end LC line and a non-LC more unexpensive, IFS, Rear loacker for the people that can't fork over 50k overnight.

In my opinion toyota's marketing staff are fawking geniouses as the LC designs for each country are literally perfect for each country's geographical everyday needs.

k_os said:
In my opinion toyota's marketing staff are fawking geniouses as the LC designs for each country are literally perfect for each country's geographical everyday needs.

I think we are saying the same thing.

The ad focus for the FJC is totally to offroaders... in the USA , to gain credibility as a serious offroad vehicle- this is true, not my opinion. I think when you said "girly and not so hardcore" , I was thinking in relation to other products in the US market. I think you will agree all the advertising is focused on presenting the FJC as a credible serious offroader.

The marketing has been successful b/c alot of skeptics are turned around. And I also agree, it is perfect for each country's needs.

btw.. I noticed you love "cachapas" those damn things are delicious I remember eating those along with "arepas" every single damn day for breakfast in Venezuela. yum.

arepas----mmm! but I think cachapas are more tastey :)

they are.. But I dunno if you've ever had "arepa with porkchop and shredded cheddar cheese" I'll stop before I buy a ticket to venezuela to eat one of these things.

lol, I will ask my Venezuelan friends about this for the next offroad trip.

I am pretty sure they'll know about that one and ask them about something called

"Renina Papiuhda" or something along those lines. All I remember is that is was fxxxin delicious.

man, im hungry again. thanks a lot. k_os - yer buyin!!!

carnitas for lunch it is........mmmmmmmmcarnitas.....mmmmmm........

my closing thoughts on this thread, tasty and put whatever the hell you want on your fjc - just wheel the dam thing and have phun!!

FJ Cruiser badge

Hi all,

This is a great topic. I generally don't have much new to add so haven't posted since the board changed over but read frequently. I'm on my second 62 and don't have an FJC yet (coming soon I hope).

It has been interesting to follow this thread -- it got me thinking about how cool it would be to have an FJ Cruiser emblem that looked similar to the old Land Cruiser badge to slap on the side of the new rig.

I'm involved with a graphic design firm and asked one of our creative guys to put together some ideas for what a new FJC badge would/could look like.

If y'all are interested I could post the ideas here -- maybe chop them onto the side of a pic too.:cheers:

Brose

New FJ Cruiser badge ideas

My creative guy came back with about a dozen 'preliminary' ideas for what he would make the badge look like. He's taking the idea home with him for the weekend. I'm trying to find a way to post his preliminary thoughts -- a couple of his ideas are pretty cool.

A fun excercise.

Stay tuned... (The images are locked in my e-mail but are coming)

Unfortunately I don't have any picts of the good spots because I was too busy driving but here's a taste:

82280487-L.jpg

The inclinometer was nearly off the charts on that one, ATRAC did wonders.

82280282-L.jpg

82279306-L.jpg

Testing out the flex, coulda done alot more.

82281123-L.jpg

Day's end.

95% of the time my brand new, 5000mi FJ is covered in mud, dust and currently blackberry vine scratches. I had it off road the day after I bought it (since it was a 6 hour drive to go pick it up I didn't get any off roading in that day).

It's got LC blood. It's got LC capability. It's got LC looks. If it walks like a dog, talks like a dog and looks like a dog, it certainly ain't a cow.

- LC

Question:

Why didn't the FJ come with a 4 WD emblem on the back? Everyone keeps saying to me, "That is nice, but you should have gotten 4 WD." I tell them it is and they laugh and say, "If it was it would say it". :confused:

rfjtoy said:
Nice pics, How did you attach your axe to the rack?

Both the axe and shovel are held on with a couple Quick Grip clamps I attached to the spacers with U bolts and plates.

Works great. Gonna put my high-lift inside the rack though so the weight is more centralized and it won't get hung up in the trees.

- LC

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom