FJC with FJ40 emblems - How does it look ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I was just tinkering around a little and decided to plop an FJ40 emblem on the apron of my FJC. Feedback on how it looks is appreciated.

Note: If you recently paid over 50K for new Landcruiser - I sincerely apologize.

102.jpg

103.jpg

I like it. Do you have an early-style apron emblem...that might look better.

Cruiserhead05 said:
Looks good.......but, its NOT a landcruiser

I owned a 71 FJ40 for a while and I can't agree with you more; they stopped making Landcruisers in the 80's - regardless of what toyota may say.

This one don't leak
It don't smell like gas inside the cab
It's not rusted (yet)
The tranny don't sound like it's going to explode when I'm doing 70mph
It gets 17mpg (20mpg coasting downhill with a tailwind)
Can't remove the top
Can't lay down the windshield
I could go on....

It's defaintely not an old-school Landcruiser, but the emblems kinda set it off and in my personal opinion (no cost) the FJC deserves the Landcruiser emblem more than the modern $50K Landcruiser that (rarely) goes anywhere except soccer practice, school, Starbucks and home.

Last edited:
logic2 said:
the FJC deserves the Landcruiser emblem more than the modern $50K Landcruiser that (rarely) goes anywhere except soccer practice, school, Starbucks and home.

Here, here! :cheers:

I thought that was a FJ60 emblem :)

I wonder how many people will be wondering up to the dealer lots asking to see the new Landcruiser for sale....Arguments going on between salesmen and buyers about exaclty what they saw on the road the other day.
:mad:

logic2 said:

It's defaintely not an old-school Landcruiser, but the emblems kinda set it off and in my personal opinion (no cost) the FJC deserves the Landcruiser emblem more than the modern $50K Landcruiser that (rarely) goes anywhere except soccer practice, school, Starbucks and home.

Agreed

logic2 said:
the FJC deserves the Landcruiser emblem more than the modern $50K Landcruiser that (rarely) goes anywhere except soccer practice, school, Starbucks and home.

I totally agree.

I like it. And, arguably, a 40 is NOT a landcruiser when you put in a V8 or any other driveline/engine modification.

Next we are going to start talking about car souls and which ones get into car heaven.

Sacrelige!

While more capable than the 100 series, it still isn't a Land Cruiser.

That being said do what you want.

mmw68 said:
what is the story on the running boards/step? It's a nice touch.

Aren't those the "Predator" side steps that are listed on Toyota's website under the "accessories" page when building one?

I think those have just been recently added in the last few weeks, as I don't remember seeing that option when buiding the FJC went online in the beginning.

I don't know if they are the same as "rock rails" but with steps. Maybe someone else knows exactly.

looks good, needs the 40's toyota emblem on back and the 4wd.

go to vendors section and get some of firsttoys piggy emblemes to put on there too:beer:

beaufort-fj60 said:
i think it needs a 25's thunderbird

The supply of thunderbirds is strictly monitored to avoid just such a situation. :flipoff2:

Besides, they didn't borrow any "styling" from the 25. :D

thorvald said:
go to vendors section and get some of firsttoys piggy emblemes to put on there too:beer:
It's not a piggy! :mad: A piggy is a wagon (45, 55, 60/2, 80, 100), right? :) Maybe a FJC is a wagon though, it's almost a four door. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom