FJC front bumper modification... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hey 4x...your front/back bumper mods turned out pretty sweet in my humble opinion...How did you rig up the bottom plate to cover the lower portion of the radiator (i.e., below the grill), etc.? Did you have to remove the old and install a water reservoir kit and if so, which one did you go with (Expedition One, Shrockworks, etc.)? How about the aluminum radiator cooling tube that juts out in front of the radiator? Does it have some play if you remove it from the bracket? I actually have made some good progress on my mod project, so I'll post some pix soon.
All the best and your rig looks VERY cool (especially using original FJ40 taillights - that is right in my wheelhouse)

I built a winch/receiver support from steel plate. The lower plate bolts to the original tie-downs and overlaps the aftermarket front skid plate. I didn't replace the washer reservoir and so far it has survived fine; if it gets damaged I will replace or relocate it as needed. The hand-fabricated grill covers everything else. If you like, I can post some photos of the winch mount; I skipped that in the Toyota Trails article, which is apparently not available (International Membership | TLCA don't know why.

I built a winch/receiver support from steel plate. The lower plate bolts to the original tie-downs and overlaps the aftermarket front skid plate. I didn't replace the washer reservoir and so far it has survived fine; if it gets damaged I will replace or relocate it as needed. The hand-fabricated grill covers everything else. If you like, I can post some photos of the winch mount; I skipped that in the Toyota Trails article, which is apparently not available (International Membership | TLCA don't know why.

Hey All,
Final front bumper project post...thanks for everyone's feedback/suggestions...

FJ.FINAL.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom