FJ80 Rebuilt engine?!? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
How much would it cost to rebuild an fj80 engine? How long does a Fj80 engine off an 1991 model with 211,000 miles last?

Please HELP

How much would it cost to rebuild an fj80 engine? How long does a Fj80 engine off an 1991 model with 211,000 miles last?

Please HELP

If you do the work yourself and nothing is broken, $500-1000 for a very basic rebuild. http://www.lceperformance.com/4-0L-3FE-1988-1992-Land-Cruiser-Master-Rebuild-Kit-p/1010082.htm

If you pay an engine builder, $3000 and up.

There are lots of 3FE's with half a million miles on stock internals. If you take care of it, it will take care of you.

Mine's at 210k, still putting out almost perfect emissions numbers, and managing almost 14mpg on the highway with a lift, 33s and a roof rack. Keep her tuned and she'll last forever.

Same as what they said. Take care of it and it will take care of you. I'm approaching 400,000 miles on my original motor and trans etc.

Same as what they said. Take care of it and it will take care of you. I'm approaching 400,000 miles on my original motor and trans etc.
sorry im going from a f150 to a fj80 land cruiser what are the main things I need to know about them, maintaining them and keeping them top notch

sorry im going from a f150 to a fj80 land cruiser what are the main things I need to know about them, maintaining them and keeping them top notch

I picked up my FJ80 with 260k on the clock. I figured it was just slow because it was an 3FE. Just check all the numbers on it. Do a compression test. If your numbers are TERRIBLE, start thinking about a rebuilt. My compression numbers on cylinder one were so bad I quit there. Once I tore it apart, there were rings in the pan and oil cooler/filter.

If you do need to rebuild, try to find a used one in good shape. I managed to find a short block someone had used for 2FE build. Engine builders around here wanted $4k+ to rebuild. In honesty, nobody wanted to touch it.

My advice, baseline it, maintain it, and enjoy life in the slow lane. Or get a diesel truck and a trailer lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom