FJ80 and LC100 Fender Flares in Austrailia (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I found some nice-looking Fender Flares at kut-snake.com which is based in Australia.
  • Does anyone have experience with ordering parts from them or from overseas at all?
  • Does anyone know a US or Canadian vendor who would be willing to stock these in NA?
  • Does anyone wanna go 1/3's on shipping :)? (that's were the price break is)
Thanks in advance!

Yar

You mean these?
749852_orig.jpg

Those are sharp.

The RWLs, on the other hand, are a mixed blessing:worms:;)

Not to be a hater, but can someone explain the appeal of flares that show the bolts? Carmakers go through huge lengths to hide all the fasterners on the body panels and make it look nice and clean, and then people buy flares that purposefully show bolts in a way that doesn't match the rest of the vehicle while at the same time making them look like cheap injection molded plastic that's screwed on after the fact. Am I missing something?

I think people put these on their trucks to make them "look" like off-road vehicles. At least that is my experience when I see a Heep with them. That seems to be a pretty popular theme in the Heep community...

Not to be a hater, but can someone explain the appeal of flares that show the bolts? Carmakers go through huge lengths to hide all the fasterners on the body panels and make it look nice and clean, and then people buy flares that purposefully show bolts in a way that doesn't match the rest of the vehicle while at the same time making them look like cheap injection molded plastic that's screwed on after the fact. Am I missing something?

I feel the same way

It's a style thing. If bell bottoms aren't your style, then buy boot leg.:cool:

It sure would be easier to take them off or tighten them up with the fasteners on the outside. That would be the appeal for me. It would be easier to fix if you smashed one too.

i have them on my truck, they are a lot more flexible than the OE ones. just FYI, holes need to be drilled into the guards for these to go on & the fitment is less that perfect..but i love them

I found some nice-looking Fender Flares at kut-snake.com which is based in Australia.
  • Does anyone have experience with ordering parts from them or from overseas at all?
  • Does anyone know a US or Canadian vendor who would be willing to stock these in NA?
  • Does anyone wanna go 1/3's on shipping :)? (that's were the price break is)
Thanks in advance!

Yar
I'd go 1/3 but we would need a price break on the price of product too. Or, just send them to China so they can reproduce them for $50 :)

I could swear somebody on here made and was selling these pocket style fender flares.

Give you an idea at retail via ebay in Aus
Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

@greentruck: I fail to see any blessing in RWLs ;). They face in on my Tacoma's BFG's.

@solidfrontaxle: The first bolts-showing flares I saw were Bushwhacker Cutouts with big-ish tires and not enough lift the stop the rub. My guess is that the after market picked it up (like fake bead-locks) and made fake bolt-on's that didn't require drilling and cutting. These seem stupid to me as well. The reason I'm looking for after-market at all is because I figured it would be cheaper than buying them from cruiserparts for $650 or non-matching OEMs off ebay and having to paint them. The only other aftermarket flares I found are these badboys, and they are WAY out of my price-range.

@ALX4X4: I sent them a request for a quote. I'm not sure they are the same though since the Chinese ones pictured look shiny and the Aus ones look matte.
Toyota-LC80(1).jpg

@musthave: :cheers:! Just one more brave soul to find!

- Yar

If they covered larger tyres they maybe a cheaper alternative to buying new rims with correct offset. Sunraysia rims cost $100 each approx. over here. I have 6 rim/tyres that need changing so I could save a little bit if they did the job. But I think they cover about the same area as Mr T flares although I have not seen these fitted to any vehicle. You have to do your homework before parting with any of that "hard earned" cheers Brian

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom