FJ62 Oil Pump Replacement? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am getting ready to replace my oil pan gasket and was wondering if I should or can replace the oil pump when the oil pan is off. Can this be done?

Steve

Consider replacing the pan. Pencil it in as a probability. Removing the old gasket (now a rock) can sometimes be such a bear that you'll wish you never embarked on the project. New pans don't cost much.

Replacing the oil pump is easy, but usually not necessary. They are extremely simple, heavy duty gear driven jobs completely immersed in oil. They are usually the longest living moving component in the engine

I had thought about the same thing whenever I get around to changing my oil pan gasket if it would be a good idea while I would already be there my 62 has less than 160000.

My FJ62 has 250k miles and low pressure at idle. Seeing that I was going to replace the leaking oil pan gasket I would add a new oil pump.

Have you verified with a real, mechanical gauge that you have 'low pressure at idle'? I doubt it's your oil pump... unless you have a strong reason to believe so.

Have you verified with a real, mechanical gauge that you have 'low pressure at idle'? I doubt it's your oil pump... unless you have a strong reason to believe so.
Thank you

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom