FJ62 Fuel Lid Opener (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

CaptHamster

TLCA #19645
Threads
Was wondering if someone could post up a picture or a diagram of the FJ62 fuel lid opener mechanism, on the inside of the lid. Not sure why, but the opener hardware came out (read: fell out) years ago and I just found a piece of it; not sure if I'm missing something though. Any help appreciated.

I don't have the pictures on this computer but you can see page 11 of my build thread (linked in signature line) for my addition of the cable release to my FJ60.

I also find it helpful - if something isn't in the FSM - to go to SOR to see parts diagram blowups, that helps to see if I'm missing a bolt or pin or something....

Hope to help,
Travis.-

Toyota fuel doors are popped open by a metal or plastic 'spring' that clips to the door or the opening. Later Toyotas use plastic, but for my '99 Camry, the dealer replacement piece was metal (Thankfully). Your dealer should be able to show you the part on his computer screen.

Travis, found the picture in your build thread and that was all I needed, thanks so much! Fuel lid opener works great now. Nice build by the way :bounce:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom