FJ62 Door Lock circuit breaker fuse location (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Three of four door locks on my FJ-62 worked slow and intermittly. Ended up replacing the actuator mechanism on all 4 doors while I was in the doors adding a simple alarm system (that depends on door locks working) and installing new speakers. Once digging in the doors what the heck. Toyota parts are double the price of aftermarket. All it took was a simple bracket to adapt to the 62 doors.

oh man i was so excited i found this old thread, i went outside stuck the paper clip in there aaaand... Nothing :crybaby:
i know I'm stabbing the correct circuit breaker, but i don't hear any click, even if i push with a little more pressure.I took the CB out and it looked alright, but i may just need a new CB? Everything else on the master control panel works like a champ, its just those pesky door locks :bang:
Also (before and after i started messing with the CB), when i push the lock button, i hear a clicking in in the rear of the truck (around the rear windshield washer fluid bag). I think that would indicate a good line of connection from the front all the way back to the rear hatch?
Any suggestions would be a HUGE help!!!!
Thanks a lot

seems this fix has worked for everyone but me, dammit! my dad who gave me his FJ62 said they worked when they wanted to. time to get the test light out. i hear the same clicking also from the relay robustbambi, troubleshooting time.

oh man i was so excited i found this old thread, i went outside stuck the paper clip in there aaaand... Nothing :crybaby:
i know I'm stabbing the correct circuit breaker, but i don't hear any click, even if i push with a little more pressure.I took the CB out and it looked alright, but i may just need a new CB? Everything else on the master control panel works like a champ, its just those pesky door locks :bang:
Also (before and after i started messing with the CB), when i push the lock button, i hear a clicking in in the rear of the truck (around the rear windshield washer fluid bag). I think that would indicate a good line of connection from the front all the way back to the rear hatch?
Any suggestions would be a HUGE help!!!!
Thanks a lot

Even though they are operated by the same switch, the door lock circuit for the back hatch is implemented differently from the 4 passenger doors. The rear hatch solenoid has two relays that operate it. The passenger doors do not have relays--they operate directly off of the door lock switch. Therein lies the problem.....

https://forum.ih8mud.com/60-series-wagons/261058-power-windows-door-locks-permanent-fix.html

Last edited:
i took the switch off the panel about 2 weeks ago and cleaned it and still nothing, so i guess i need another. as far as the rear lock, i guess i need the 2 relays, i hear them clicking and i took out the solenoid for the rear lock and bench tested it and it worked, bad pricey relays. thanks for the info slcfj62.

My auto lock only works for the front doors and the trunk - for some reason it doesn't work on the back doors. Any idea if this will work or is this something else entirely?

Door lock

What a legend this bloke is. I just joined this site today. And went to the Start here and come back often thread , read the door lock fuse breaker thread, tried it straight away and hey presto it worked. Thanks so much.

This is the absolute best thread! Thank you for the info. I was so happy I thought I was going to cry.

Started playing around with my central locking today, trying to wire it up to my alarm, suddenly a spark and no more central locking:bang:

Searched high and low, pulled every fuse and then searched mud and found this thread. :D

Reset it and Walla all working again:grinpimp:

Thank you

:cheers: Spudman

Booyah! I have been bummed for 2 years, since my locks abruptly stopped working. Just happened to see Pho's bump and did mine this afternoon. Had to clean the points, but all locks now pop as intended. I love this board...

Awesome, easy fix! The only issue with my 1990 is the driver's side rear door locks but doesn't unlock. Of all of them that could stick, this is the first choice since it's an easy reach.
Also, the top of my CB is blue not silver, and the reset "click" was very minor. Almost didn't feel/hear it.
Thank you!!!!

Most excellent

:clap::clap::clap:Just bloody awesome like everyone else ,have been without door locks for years charged relays checked continuity for switch and relays, all showed they worked.Then today I remembered this web site and pow found subject matter found CB, my one has a blue top and its back working.I have workshop Manuals from Toyota but they only show the rear relays. Once again Thank you:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:

Freaking sweet thanks if your ever in Raleigh NC i owe you some beers!

This is one mighty useful tip. My front locks and rear hatch lock work fine and most of the windows work too. The rear locks do not work and the passenger window starts very slowly. The rear right window can be really really slow and sometimes nothing. Any suggestions?

...via IH8MUD app

great fix, i just printed many pages of wiring diagrams, read this grabbed a paper clip and walked out to my 88. 10 seconds I had crisp fast working locks. It may have helped that in the last few days iv soaked each cylinoid and connection in silicon spray lube.

Thanks @mmw68, worked for me. I guess I'll buy some CruiserCrap from CruiserCrap.com to pay you back!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom