Wanted FJ62 - Daily Driver (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Guys,

I am looking to buy a FJ62 with the following:

1. No to little rust
2. Good condition
3. Must have working AC
4. Good daily driver
5. Must have transferable title

That's it. I have found a few on here but they geared more for hitting the trails or trailer queens.

I just need a good driver that I can load up the kids and head out on adventures.

I am looking for cruisers that I can fly to purchase and drive back to Texas. Thanks!

Lowell

Response to "Plenty in Texas"

Mike,

Where? There is a $14000 one in Houston. None in Austin. None in San Antonio. None in Dallas. One in Temple that needed work.

The closest one I've found is a great one in Atlanta but it doesn't have AC.

If you can tell me where they are in Texas, I'd appreciate it.

Lowell

I have one I'm just about to post, but I'm in BC. The truck is from OR/CA.

-Nicole.

It's up.

BTW--the AC blows cool, not but cold. I only have one can of freon here, and it takes more than that...and I know nothing about the retrofit. But the system seems sealed just not as effective as it would've been in 1989 :)

-Nicole.

Ive seen several for sale driving around Highland Park. One red ,one white that I remember ,no addresses. Id start there. Mike

If you are not in a big hurry a friend in about to sell the "raffle 62"

It is probably the most restored/tastily modded 62 around. I wish I had the room for it.

https://forum.ih8mud.com/chit-chat/141677-1990-fj62-land-cruiser-being-raffled-off.html

name on mud is heckler.

https://forum.ih8mud.com/tn-bluff-city-cruisers/499161-60-series-tech-classifieds.html#post7637109

Guys,

I am looking to buy a FJ62 with the following:

1. No to little rust
2. Good condition
3. Must have working AC
4. Good daily driver
5. Must have transferable title

That's it. I have found a few on here but they geared more for hitting the trails or trailer queens.

I just need a good driver that I can load up the kids and head out on adventures.

I am looking for cruisers that I can fly to purchase and drive back to Texas. Thanks!

Lowell

That's a nice cruiser, Maverick!

Lowell- The one thing to really watch on 62s is the auto tranny. They go out and are difficult and $$$$ to reliably rebuild. That's why I got a 60, FWIW.

I know you're looking for a 62, but I just decided to list my '87 60. It's in great shape but is not modified and certainly no trailer queen. It's been a daily driver for me and is totally reliable. AC works fine, but it is a 4 speed manual with crank windows and manual locks.

I'm in the Southern tier of New York just on the PA border of I-84. Not so close to TX, but thought I'd put it out there for ya.

Here's the Craig's List post: 1987 Land Cruiser

That's a nice cruiser, Maverick!

Lowell- The one thing to really watch on 62s is the auto tranny. They go out and are difficult and $$$$ to reliably rebuild. That's why I got a 60, FWIW.

Ain't that the truth, my rebuild was $4000. Next time I am going to convert to a H55f and save some cash!!

My FJ62 that is for sale has a H55F, I love it! :D

sliders1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom