FJ62 center console (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just bought a stock console for my 90 FJ62, I notice there are no openings for the air from the rear heater to exit. The original console looks like the bottom couple of inches were cut off (making it shorter but allowing the air to exit) Do I need to chop up my new console??

Thanks.

The consoles slope up slightly in the rear for the last inch or so, but the only hole is the slot for the hot/cold lever. Don't chop up your console-it's not necessary. The rear of the console sits on a plastic crosshatch piece, and that's where the hot air comes out. Are you missing this piece?

Last edited:
The consoles slope up slightly in the rear for the last inch or so, but the only hole is the slot for the hot/cold lever. Don't chop up your console-it's not necessary. The rear of the console sits on a plastic crosshatch piece, and that's where the hot air comes out. Are you missing this piece?

Not sure what the cosshatch piece you're referring to? The console comes pretty much down to the carpet in the back. I'll see if I can get a picture.

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom