For Sale FJ60 w/ 3FE and H55 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Asking: $15,000

I found this Land Cruiser back in October 2013 in Frazier Park, CA. It was one of few completed FJ’s left on an older gentleman’s ranch who used to restore them. In 2006, he installed a 3FE engine from an FJ62, H55 5 speed and an old man EMU 3’ lift kit. During the engine swap, he re-sprayed the frame and changed the body color from sand to white. The interior was finished with custom door cards, tuff duck seat kit, custom sound system, inverter and new OEM carpet.

Before I hit a 1000 mile coastal route home to Portland, OR, it was serviced at C&S Automotive in Santa Barbara. To get things up to spec, they replaced the master cylinder, proportioning valve, front rotors and pads, rear shoes, cylinders, drums and the system was flushed and blead. The cooling and steering was also flushed and an oil system cleaning and oil change done. Finally, front U-joints, steering relay rod, alignment and fixed wiring issue with the rear lights, I hit the road. On the trip home, a stop was made to Toyota in Coos Bay, OR to fix broken power wire but all in all, a trouble free first trip and an awesome new project.

Since then, all service has been at Land Cruiser Northwest in Portland, OR where they’ve helped me continue to restore and upgrade this awesome FJ60. Please find the full spec, service and project notes below.

o 4.0 L 3F-E EFI engine from an FJ62, mileage unknown
  • August 2014 - Installed and serviced by Land Cruiser Northwest
  • May 2016 – installed new fuel pump and relocate harness
  • May 2016 – replaced dated hoses
  • Aug 2016 - engine oil and filter change by Landcruiser Specialties
o Header/Exhaust
  • August 2014 - Installed and serviced by Land Cruiser Northwest
o Transmission
  • 5-speed H55F manual (non-US) - 2006 - Installed by previous owner
  • Clutch/Flywheel - August 2014 - Installed and serviced by Land Cruiser Northwest
  • Aug 2016 - Drain and fill front and t/case by Landcruiser Specialties
o Frame
  • Miles on frame, 90K+
  • New undercoat - 2006 - Installed by previous owner

o Suspension/Brakes
  • Brakes - May 2016 – Front - Replaced calipers, rotors and pads and wheels bearing service – Rear – Replaced shoes and adjusted hand brake
o Steering
  • Aug 2016 – Installed new tie-rod ends/Tie-rod kit by Landcruiser Specialties
o Sway Bars
  • Front Sway bar - Sept 2015 – OEM front installed and serviced by Land Cruiser Northwest
  • Rear Sway bar – sourced but not installed, need to find hardware
  • Short Shackles – sourced but not installed
  • Old man emu 3’ inch lift kit - 2006 - Installed by previous owner
  • Replacement Bushing set - March 2014 - Installed and serviced by Land Cruiser Northwest
  • U-Bolts - March 2014 - Installed and serviced by Land Cruiser Northwest

o Wheels/Tires
  • Wheels - New stock steel wheels and hub caps
  • Tires - BFG T/A KO – 33/10.5/15 - March 2014 - Installed and serviced by Land Cruiser Northwest
o Headlights
  • H4 headlight upgrade
  • FJ40 driving lights
o Body
  • Condition – Faded, damage on hood, driver fender and driver side passenger door. I’d say it’s 6 out of 10 but I’m partial to its' patina - 2006 – Painted by previous owner

o Interior
  • New carpet - 2006 – OEM, installed by previous owner
  • New Front/Rear door panels - 2006 – Custom, Installed by previous ownerSeats
o Seats
  • 2006 – Tuff Duck seat covers, installed by previous owner

o Stereo
  • Condition – works but not good sound quality - 2006 - Installed by previous owner
o Notes:
  • Paint is not original factory color (originally Tan)
  • Non factory interior/door cards
  • Driver fender, hood and door damage
  • Bumpers have been modified and painted
  • Non stock antenna
  • Rear aftermarket lenses are fading
  • Engine Compression - Aug 2016 - #1=182 #2=170 #3=172 #4=174 #5=171 #6=183

o Project List:
  • Install rear sway bar
  • Need bracket for rear sway bars
  • Replace long shackles with short
  • Hood liner missing
  • Steering box wet
  • Front and Rear Axles – monitor seals, current condition, wet. LCNW recommends rebuilding the transfer case when rebuilding axels.
  • Update stereo system with Dynomat and Wagon Gear tailgate lid and side panels w/ speaker support.
  • Rear wiper installed but not working
  • Need hand brake boot
  • Front wiper linkage worn
  • Fix dome light switch
  • Rear tailgate card missing
Full image gallery: https://goo.gl/photos/jUcjZGjGU29Kv3SV6

026.JPG

065.JPG

043.JPG

051.JPG

086.JPG

Last edited: