FJ60 springs on 40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ok i am sure somebody out there has done this. I may have a chance to get my hands on some 60 springs for cheap(100?) anyway I am planning on doing a SOA next fall/winter.. and would like some info on the 60 springs

Length eye to eye?
Centered spring pin?(yes i think)
Width as compared to 40?

If the springs are longer and i want to move my front axle forward 3inches or so will i have to add length to the front of the frame?
I also would like to move the rear axle back probably as far as i can(can we say room for toybox with stock drivetrain).
Anyway any input from ppl that have done this would be be appriecieated.
I was thinking about 55 springs but decided i can't destroy a 55 just for the springs that would be bad cruiser karma...

Stew

Nobody uses these because they are not an upgrade from the stock 40 srings, the fronts are 3" or so shorter, and the rears while they are longer, the spring pin is way offset, they would require re drilling, a chore to say the least and some say the extra hole is a place to break, not good with a SO which flexs the springs big time. Another obstacle unless you have the newer 40 is the spring bushings which are different.
Butch

Butch

Thanks for the Info

I will not get them! I have 7 good FJ40 spring packs so this will probably be the easiest way to go. Just flip them around to add 6 inches to my wheel base (3 front, 3 rear)!!!

Stew

Bastardize the 55, I am going to use 55 rears in back and 40 fronts in the front, flipped of course.

I plan on using an add-a-leaf on both (Remove one of the short springs and add a full length add-a-leaf) for a little more stability.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom