FJ60 Rust repair - $1200 worth it? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

If the rust is what you say it is, $1200 won't begin to cover what isn't seen. One option - if yr rig is otherwise reliable, do a body swap. There was a guy on here - a thread I saw a year or so ago - that went to fix minor rust at his rear wheel arches, snake blinder area - ended up being a major job once he got past the surface/visible rust. . .just saying, rust is like cancer, make sure you get all of it or you'll be doing it over in the very near future.

$1200 seems cheap. If his references are good (I would get more than his paint shop buddy) and he can actually stick with that price, I would say it's absolutely worth it.

Figure $1200 in rust removal and $800 for a basic paint job. Your $800 cruiser has just become a $6000 cruiser (not that I would sell it, just saying the value is definitely there.

That's nothing! I
Choque1.jpg
have spent a LOT more than that on a 1992 FJ80 that looked like a pretzel after the accident and STILL is not running!

I have the same issue would it be easier for me just to cut a section out of another fj 60 that i have that is destroyed

Up to you. Though with this thread being so old you might want to start a new one with some pictures of your 60.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom