FJ60 on 40" Tires? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Word.

D

"tippy" is on 52s I believe.
tippy01_small_1.jpg

Probably not a lot of SUA 60s on 40+ tires because axle strength becomes an issue and that damned rear fender well.

I'm running 37s SUA with about an inch of lift but I moved my rear axle back an inch (63" Chevy springs) to help clear rear fender/door.

That is awesome!

So let's see some SUA 60s with 38 and up tires....

SUA means a lot of things to different people, why don't you explain what you're after. I'm sure anyone could squeeze 38s on a 60 with 4" Alcans, extended shackles and a 3" body lift but that's obviously a terrible idea. Looking for a decent crawler setup, mud bogger, street rig?

There was a user 73rockcruiser or something that was fitting 38s stock SUA for wheeling, lots of body mods.

Extrapolate...

I think it was in there when he bought it, that rig has been around a while.

Thats paint and the toyota is a copy of the grille badge.

Anyone have a build link for that tippy thing? Ive seen that all over the internet.

D

SUA means a lot of things to different people, why don't you explain what you're after.
Extrapolate...

My 60 daily driver is about to become a trailer queen. I will still want to be ABLE to drive it on the street so I'm not looking to go Full Metal Buggy on it... the underlying question was: "what can I now do to the 60 to make it a better rock crawler that I would have hesitated to do when it was my real daily driver?"

I HATE getting tippy in off camber situations so a SOA is not really in the cards. My buddies Nick and Johnny said BIGGER TIRES (I run 36" Q78 Swamper now)... and from that this thread was born.

I'd like to stay as low as possible while getting to bigger tires - Nick thinks 40s... I'd probably realistically go to 38s next time I need tires but 40s are not out of the question.

I WILL cut the body (I already have trimmed rockers, quarters and the rear of the front wheel wells to make the Swampers not rub with the shackle reversal.)

I CAN go to 63" springs and move the rear axle. I COULD undo the SR and move the front axle forward.

Truck has 4.56 gears/ARBs, 2F, H55, 4.7 ToyBox so big tires won't cause any "going slow" problems. I wheel with a very light right foot.

Enough background?

I think you need to get over your fear of being off-camber, do a SOA and be done with it!!

If those are 36's why not trim the front/rear push the rear axle back a hair and slap on some 40s. Then bump stop etc. if need be.

Yeah, it honestly already looks like you have an SOA. Trim and go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom