fj60 in a movie!! we are all stars. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Heartbreakers – greenish 60
Absilon – grey or silver 62
The rundown: red FJ40 in central America – they run it off a cliff though :(
50 1st dates – red/white fj55
Walk to remember – Old fj40 with a roof rack in the beginning.
Hotel Rwanda – a lot of 70 series
And of course the silver 60 in Constanine…
Simpsons: I swear that in one episode, Krusty the clown drives a cartoon suv modeled after an fj60.

There are many, many more that I can’t remember (especially all the movies with foreign cruisers), and that’s just from movies I saw less than a year ago; I didn’t know what a cruiser was before then. There is a list floating around on the web with other cruisers in movies.

Anytime a solid looking suv is needed in a movie, an LC fit’s right in. Around here I see more cruisers in movies than on the streets. There should be a posting “list” dedicated to cruiser sightings in “famous” places.

Who cares who stared in the movie or how hot they were, all attention should be directed to the cruiza ;)

dont forget Moster House with the blue 40 as the tv stand, windsheld goes down flat screen tv comes up, its bad ass

Last edited:
eithegreat said:
Simpsons: I swear that in one episode, Krusty the clown drives a cartoon suv modeled after an fj60.

Tons of 40s, 60s I think a few other types also in Stealth.

Wow britklr, digging up some old dirt eh? Recently saw "The Mist" in the theater and there is an old landcruiser that rides out all the chaos going down. I hated the movie but loved the rig.

Ryan

There's also one in Out Cold I'm pretty sure too. It's the scene where the boy's girlfriend leaves town. She gets into a highly lifted or soa blue 60/62 in the snow.

a 70 used in a chase in a Chinese desert in Out for a Kill (Got the movie for $3, wasn't even worth that IMO, probably the worst Steven Seagal ever)
a 60 in the Nicolas Cage movie in which he plays a guy who can see 2 minutes into the future... Forget the name right now... The 60 is used by the heroine, who teaches poor kids in a pueblo somewhere near the Grand Canyon... It gets destroyed in an alternate future...

an Fj45 pickup in an old movie that I saw in the 80s about a guy in Africa... Got the landcruiser bite then when I saw him ford that river without missing a beat!!! 'Got to get me one of those!'

A nice pig parked in the driveway in the movie "Knocked Up" it is a funny movie too.

Dynosoar:zilla:

Holy thread ressurection, Batman!!

Jennifer Garner drives a stock looking 62 in the first season of ALIAS.

Here's a recent one:

In the movie NEXT starring Nicholas Cage, the Goddess of Hotness Jessica Biel drives a FJ62.

Here's a recent one:

In the movie NEXT starring Nicholas Cage, the Goddess of Hotness Jessica Biel drives a FJ62.
Yes, that's the one that gets destroyed in one of his alternate futures (rolls down a cliff). Great movie, great actors and I agree about Jessica Biel :). You also got to admit Julianne Moore plays very, very well. I was all surprised she could be so mean and yet so good depending on the role she had to play depending on what future would happen. Excellent acting!

As for Landcruisers in movies, notice that in many of them, 60 series are usually in the hands of benevolent people that like to help out. 70 series OTOH are pretty much rough and tumble trail rigs and so are 40 series... Then there are the tough Hiluxes in the hands of bad guys...

Johnny Cash

A couple days ago I saw a 60 on ebay.
The seller was claiming that Johnny Cash was the previous owner.

And yes, the Man in Black, not like John Voight (is that right?) was
to Castanzas Lebaron

Mostly the Crock Hunter drives a Nissan Patrol, IMHO......Hillarious!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom