FJ60 For Sale (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1984 FJ60 For Sale

This beautiful rig has been set up for expedition style wheeling and has been used as such for the last 5 years through out the southwest US. Hate to sell, but need to finance an FJ80 project.

Particulars:

1996 four bolt-main GM throttle body injected 350 V8. This is not an LT-1or Corvette engine better suited for the drag strip. This is a strong, low end torque engine that came from a 1 ton G-van that is perfect for off-road lugging. It will also cruise at 80 all day on the freeway. The engine had 1600 (yes, sixteen hundred) miles from the factory. Swap has about 25,000 miles now.

NV4500 5-speed, installed as new. 5.61:1 first gear, all syncro.
This work was performed by Jerry Nichols in Colorado Springs, an Advanced Adapters developer and perfectionist who has
completed dozens of Land Cruiser engine swaps.

Stock split transfer case, rebuilt
4.11 gears
ARB air lockers, front and rear
ARB compressor with custom air manifold
OME heavy duty springs with OME greasable shackles and u-bolt skid plates from Man-A-Fre
OME shocks in front, Rancho RS9000 adjustable shocks rear
Bobby Long Super Birfields
New tie rod ends
Dual gel cell batteries connected via isolator with panel controls
Axle housing rebuilt with new bearings and seals
All Amsoil synthetic lube, engine oil, gear boxes and grease
Rear disk brakes, TSM kit using new Cadillac calipers with integrated parking brake
5 Goodyear MTR 12.5 x 33 inch tires. 6000 miles on four, new spare
Stout Equipment front bumper and bull bar and Warn 12000 winch moun
Stout Equipment rear bumper with integrated receiver hitch and swing-away tire and gas can carrier
Custom sliders
Uniden CB with roof mounted antenna
Dark tinted windows
Rear Toyota shoulder belts
Wet Okole seat covers, front
BJ-70 Land Cruiser mirrors (look like FJ62 but not chrome)
Air conditioning system converted to R-134a
Box of manuals and spare parts

The odometer is just shy of 200k miles, however, every major component except the steering box, has been rebuilt or replaced within the
last 25k miles. This truck is very clean I won't tolerate a single leaky seal.

Body had been professionally repainted (all glass out etc) when I first bought it. However, it now sports a few minor reminders of how the truck was intended to be used (dings and scratches). It has NEVER been abused and never broken or left us stranded.

It has been to the last five Cruise Moab events http://risingsun4x4club.org/cruisemoab.html and the last two Chile Challenge events in Las Cruces, New Mexico http://www.4x4now.com/trnmch.htm,

It has been seen in 4 Wheel Drive & Sport Utility Magazine and the Toyota Land Cruiser Association’s Toyota Trails magazine.

Insurance appraisal at $30,000.

Winch not included (going on the 80).

Pictures can be seen at www.swcp.com/~juane
And I can send more recent photos.
Truck is located in Albuquerque, New Mexico USA

I'm asking $14,500.

Sorry, can't buy your rig--though I wish I could--but I am wondering where you picked up your 70 series door mirrors. I am wanting to upgrade my *tiny* FJ60 mirrors and don't want to pay the $$ for the OEM Ozzie 60 ones... And how much did you pay for them?

Mirrors: I think I got them from Cool Cruisers. And I paid a prince's ransom for them, some thing like 60 or 80 bucks apiece. You could probably do better by finding some 62 mirrors on this side of the Pacific Ocean.

juane

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom