Fj60 Dash Replacment

Discussion in '60-Series Wagons' started by cbmontgo, Feb 17, 2005.

1. cbmontgo

cbmontgo SILVER Star

Well, I got a dash overlay from Specter. It looks great, and costs much less than a new or refurbished dash. Seems like a new dash was somewhere around $ 700 or so I was told.

2. jhstatts

jhstatts

Was this a dash "pad" or was it an actual "cover" like a cloth or carpeted cover? I saw a dash cover in a 60 once... it just layed on top of the dash pad. Looked great, but I haven't seen them anywhere.

Thanks.

3. 4lowNgo

4lowNgo

What I've bought is a replacement OEM dash. I"ve been looking for one for a couple of years becuse yes, they're way expensive. I got one in perfect shape for under $110, delivered. I'm going to probably buy an "overlay" type dash cover to help protect it.

4. reece

reece

i got one of the velour dash carpet things from specter, it's nice...

5. CardinalFJ60

CardinalFJ60

DashMat

Yeah, I've got one of them things, too...I'll post a pic if I have one. It's definitely made for the 60...it actually has the little circles cut out for the center vents.

My Cruiser grew up at Edwards AFB, not a crack in the dash at all - it's perfect. I wish the paint faired as well - it's coooooked.

HTH

Cardinal FJ60

6. jhstatts

jhstatts

Cool. I need to get in on the dash mat club. I need to replace my dash, but it is at the bottom of the list. If I covered it maybe I'd forget about how bad it looks for a while.

7. mmyton

mmyton

8. Pluton

Pluton

Iv'e never installed the specter product, but I've seen them already installed and I can't tell they're there, except that it looks new and shiny in an otherwise well aged interior.

9. jhstatts

jhstatts

Yeah, that vacuum formed vinyl cover is what I was planning on getting at some point. That is what I was trying to determine based on the first post (dash pad or dash pad cover).

10. Mike S

Mike S

I have a black dash cover (from SOR, I think). It needs to be velcro'ed to the dash, but works well, and allows me to velcro my GPS to the dash while driving.

M