FJ60+62+(Z)80+ v8 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

sooo, we're going to see the start of a 100 series build right??? :cheers:

Ha! Not much of one. Lift, eventually bumpers & sliders and maybe some day a locker or two. I have a fridge I will probably toss in it soon and the LED bar from my 80.

I just got home today from getting the 100. About 1,500 miles in it in the last 5 days. PDX, down to the coast and back here to Wyoming. Good drive, I am liking the 100, it is a big heavy Land Cruiser that is for sure but it is what I was looking for. It is 16yrs old but only had 123k when I picked it up. Chassis is super clean, looks like new and not a single leak anywhere on the truck. Body and interior are good but do show 16yrs of wear and tear. I will refresh it here and there as I get time.

Busy for awhile with other trucks but when I can find time I want to get the 80 chassis in the shop and start shortening it and all that jazz. Not giving up, I was just a bit bummed and feeling overwhelmed.

Cheers

100.JPG

Nice ride!

^^^^ With all them new parts you dropping down into that rig.....
It sure is going to be a sweet ride !!!!

Mind me asking, are the red side lamp(s) OEM and what is the purpose?
Just curious, never seen them here.

They're just side marker lights. I've got em on my '86 60 and about every other I've seen has em too.

Trying.....the pile is getting large. I am just picky about things like interior, dash and items like wipers. I want all that original and in like new condition. Resto mod after all.

Cheers

I like the dollie on dollies arrangement under the 60. I built a body dollie and used similar tires, I want to swap them out to hard tires next time it is empty.

I like the dollie on dollies arrangement under the 60. I built a body dollie and used similar tires, I want to swap them out to hard tires next time it is empty.

Stupid cheapo Harbor Freight casters suck! I wanted air filled tires so I could move the truck around on gravel. These casters are rated at 300lbs each but the wheel center or rim on them folded up as soon as I put weight on them and tried to move the truck. I don't think the body an frame weighs over 1800lbs. I am either going to get better casters or just get the 62 body up on my 80 rolling chassis. Probably the body on the 80 chassis as I don't waste $$$ and time that way.

Cheers

Hey Frank, I recall how you had the body set up during the swap. Like me you did this without a lift. Lift would make it oh soooo much easier but not going to happen. Got any good pics of how you had the body set up and how you went up and down and up and down? Or did you just plan well and only go down once?

I am contemplating building a rotisserie but that doesn't help or do anything for up and down onto the 80 chassis. Just makes prepping the truck for paint much easier. I was thinking earlier in the shop that a guy could maybe build a side lift set up. Some 3/16s box tube, some casters and a couple cheap Harbor Freight rams. Be able to lift the body up and down from the side and if they are individual units you could roll the chassis under it as much as you like.

Got the 62 in a shop bay. The 80 chassis is right outside the bay ready to come in. Just trying to decide how to get the 62 set up for this. Like I just talked about I need to be able to raise and lower the body numerous times. Can't come up with much that won't be a pita without building some kind of side lift thingy.

Cheers

Rear bumper off last night, what a bitch! Had to grind a few bolts to get it off. Stripped more from the interior, just little stuff. Pulled the stock spare tire carrier. Drain fuel tank, got 15gals of what looks like diesel, ya the fuel is that old. Pulled the steering box and p/s lines off the frame and drained them.

Next up drop the fuel tank and pull all the heater & a/c stuff from the dash.

Cheers

Hey Frank, I recall how you had the body set up during the swap. Like me you did this without a lift. Lift would make it oh soooo much easier but not going to happen. Got any good pics of how you had the body set up and how you went up and down and up and down? Or did you just plan well and only go down once?

I am contemplating building a rotisserie but that doesn't help or do anything for up and down onto the 80 chassis. Just makes prepping the truck for paint much easier. I was thinking earlier in the shop that a guy could maybe build a side lift set up. Some 3/16s box tube, some casters and a couple cheap Harbor Freight rams. Be able to lift the body up and down from the side and if they are individual units you could roll the chassis under it as much as you like.

Got the 62 in a shop bay. The 80 chassis is right outside the bay ready to come in. Just trying to decide how to get the 62 set up for this. Like I just talked about I need to be able to raise and lower the body numerous times. Can't come up with much that won't be a pita without building some kind of side lift thingy.

Cheers

Ian, yeah no lift here...
Sure wish I had one at the time I did this...
I must of raised the body on and off from one frame to the next about one million times ( Ha !! no, not really, but it sure felt that way).
I had plenty of concrete blocks, 3 toyota Jacks, and four 4x4 beams.
This was a ghetto build.
No, I dont have pics of this, but imagine a time lapse using them jacks, concrete blocs, and beams....LOADS of fun !!!

If I were to do it again...
I lift would be a must..!!!

I think I'll let you cut up your 80 frame first :p

I think I'll let you cut up your 80 frame first :p

Ha! Well, I am going to cut it at the rear lower control arm mount. I don't think I have seen anybody do it there but that is where the frame is straight. Got to cut off the RLCA mount to do it there though.

Cheers

Got a box of Nissan Patrol parts from Japan today for my 77 Ute. I thought this was hilarious!

purse.JPG

No a Patrol doesn't have a "purse" on it, these are clamps for a turbo hose.

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom