FJ45 Cab and Bed Soft top (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this cab soft top available?

So I've got a couple of these under my belt and pretty much have all the kinks out. It's not nearly as easy as bolting on a set of shortened 40 bows and here is why. The b pillar post that comes out of the stock 40 bows doesn't line up with the hole in the b pillar tub. It's off maybe 3/4 of an inch. As well the standard 40 bows use a 1" diameter tube that slides down in the b pillar. On 45's this hole is 7/8. So in order for it to fit right you have to cut the tube coming out of the bows and weld a 7/8" tube in the correct place. Also I have to fab a plate that the rear bow slides into and helps secure the rear section of the bows to the tub. All the extra fab work means the bows won't be cheap. 950$ just for the cab bows.

The top also is quite complicated. It's a standard 40 top all the way to the b pillar. But after that it's all custom. I designed it to have 5 windows. 2 on the sides and 3 in the back like the 40's. This way you can actually see what's beside you. The way the top fastens is two ways. On the inside I have bungee loops that you will attach to whatever fastener you choose. There are two 45 tubs the late and early. Both have different attachment points. I could have included machine hooks but I only think half of you would have used them. Some people want stainless some want painted, etc... Most people will drill holes in the top plate where the hard top comes down. And attach the bungees there. I include 12 bungee loops. I also am leaving it up to you where you want them. I normally put 3 in each corner. The rest on the back. They are very easy to install. Just requires making a small hole in the flap sewn into the back of the top and squeezing them together. This means there are no holes to drill for footman loops around the outside of your tub. The second form of attachment to now that the top is being held down by the bungees is the magnets. These are crazy strong magnets. Three in each corner and 4 that go on the batten that slides into the rear roll up door. They keep the edges from flopping around in the wind. The rear window can be rolled up just like the 40 windows.
The price for the cab is 875.

10940433_773676926050876_6342886067934612219_n.jpg

10931397_773676942717541_4102059781840986003_n.jpg

1016895_721521494599753_662194978309356273_n.jpg

1011626_718845798200656_4859782201493427917_n.jpg
Hello! New member to this page. Just picked myself up an 81 fj45 and the upper cab is toast. Stumbled on this thread and id love to just do a soft top like the pictures i've seen on here.

Do you still build these? i'd be very interested in purchasing on if so.

Thanks in advance!

Any updates on these tops?

Hello hello! Did you ever end up sorting out anything for the SWB fixed top 45s? Would love to have something for mine if I end up putting seats in the bed.
IMG_3014.JPG

Any updates with this? I sure would like one for my 45! Shoot, I'd even do the leg work of working out the frame. I'd really like to know exactly what Marshall did to make it work. I now Julie can make the tops for it once we have a frame and can get her the measurments.

Hello hello! Did you ever end up sorting out anything for the SWB fixed top 45s? Would love to have something for mine if I end up putting seats in the bed.View attachment 2238007
Following up. I will like one for mine too. My dad and I where thinking about making one this coming summer, but if I can get one already done wouldn’t not mind going that way. One less thing to figure out

I see this is an old thread, love how that black soft top looks on the 45 pickup. I have an 82 FJ45 LWB, want to keep the hardtop but interested in a soft top system for the bed. PM me info if you are still doing these? Thanks

Did you ever find anything? Would like a canvas top for the bed also.

I’m still looking for one closer to me. I’m in SC who has a FJ45 near me?? Please contact me at 616-450-0145 thanks Julie

Unfortunately I’m in Canada but I hope someone near you will be able to help you out! Would be a great addition to my FJ45.

I plan to keep the cab on so would only be interested in bows and soft top to cover the box.

Thread bump. Anyone with a LWB in the Greenvile, SC area that can help out @Julie2006 so we can get some progression on the FJ45 soft tops!!

Thread bump. Anyone with a LWB in the Greenvile, SC area that can help out @Julie2006 so we can get some progression on the FJ45 soft tops!!
You're going to need someone that also has the bows. I want to say Real Steel Cruisers can do a bow set for the bed. The cab on the other hand is a different story. Lots of mods to make one work from what I gather.

Headed to relic run this year. I can possibly drop off a 45 soft top in April. Not sure I can leave a truck but maybe. Only if I knew it was going to be secure till pickup. That's a long commute to pick it up from kc. I have a set of bows also. I can call her after the first of the year and discuss. It would at least be a really good starting point for getting this off the ground. Wonder if she would hold the 45 and trailer for me.

Headed to relic run this year. I can possibly drop off a 45 soft top in April. Not sure I can leave a truck but maybe. Only if I knew it was going to be secure till pickup. That's a long commute to pick it up from kc. I have a set of bows also. I can call her after the first of the year and discuss. It would at least be a really good starting point for getting this off the ground. Wonder if she would hold the 45 and trailer for me.
Do you have bows for the cab, bed, or both?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom