Fj40's-only trail run (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.facebook.com
I am putting together a multi-day Fj40-only adventure in the spring tenatively late April or early May. Id like to run a trail that offers a variety of scenery and points of interest relatively close to St.George. A few years ago Brock, Kim, Larry and I took a trip out to toroweap and Kanab point through bundyvill and Mt. Trumble. It was an fantastic trip with breathtaking scenery highlighted by a storm that rolled over just as we hit Kanab point causing a dozen visible waterfalls cascading into the Grand Canyon. I think that further exploring the Arizona strip/parashant/Lake mead areas would be a most excellent adventure. I have attached a link to a trip report containing pictures of the area. What I am proposing is a shortened version of their tip starting at Bunkerville and then returning to St.George after Torroweap. Browse through the thread and let me know what you think.

Mike

http://forums.oausa.net/viewtopic.php?f=118&t=1291

Last edited:
Been doing research on the route. Looks like there will be lots to see. Old abandoned mines, Petroglyphs, pictographs, Natural desert springs, old ranch houses, views of Lake Mead & Grand canyon, a mystery spot Meteor creator?, and much more. We will be getting together for regular tech nights to get everyones rigs in shape for the run. Post up if your interested!

Touroweep expedition

CIMG0011.jpg

CIMG0014.jpg

DSCN2057.jpg

We've been working hard on the details of the 40's only run and are really getting excited. This overland expedition is going to be epic. Dates for the run: May 16-18 Location: Grand Canyon - parashant Nat. Monument, Grand Canyon National park North Rim and The Arizona Strip. Route planning is in its final stages and there will be plenty to see. These areas are some of the most remote and beautiful in existence and packed with history. In addition to the national park, we will be exploring Pioneer era copper mines, ranches, saw mills and cabins. We will experience a variety of terrian from well maintained roads to mild rock crawling. Elevation changes of nearly 5000 ft. will take us from deasert floor to thickly wooded mountain tops. Preparedness will be critical for this run due to its extreme remote location. We hope everyone in the group who has a 40 series landcruiser will join us. Contact Mike if you plan to attend. We will be conducting tech nights shortly to help everyone get their vehicle and gear in top condition.

Route has been finalized

Route has been finalized. Google earth Files attached.

GoogleEarth_Image.jpg

Attachments

• GoogleEarth_Placemark.kmz
    691 bytes · Views: 223
Looks sweet.
Troy Demill and I are thinking about jumping on board with you guys if you'd have us?

What's Mike's contact info?

Looks sweet.
Troy Demill and I are thinking about jumping on board with you guys if you'd have us?

What's Mike's contact info?
You bet. Shoot me your Email address and I'll put you on the list for updates.

The run is now a month away. Several 40's have dropped out for one reason or another. At the same time i have had later model landcruiser owners express a desire to attend and accuse me of descrimnation against them. So we will be opening it up to landcruisers of any year and FJ cruisers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom