FJ40 in Centrevile (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The F2 engine and overdrive sold me! I'll be near Centreville tomorrow if you want me to stop by.

So, this truck is now my father's. Picking it up Saturday morning.

Got him down to $8,500 and it doesn't seem horrible for the price. Some light surface rust, and seems to be original paint. Overdrive worked well and seems pretty cool. The GT steering wheel has to go, like immediately. It is a workout. Front axle need to be rebuilt. Parking brake needs to be adjusted. A thorough baselining needs to be done of course.

Might be a an axle party in Annapolis in the near future.

Welcome Jack back into the Cruiser clan. Will he be taking his new ride to the Fall Crawl?

How does the overdrive work?

It has 3 positions, in, neutral, and out. You can engage it at any time by engaging the clutch like changing any gear. Mostly it is used once in 4th gear at highway speeds to bring down the RPMs to a sane level. Think of it as an add on 5th gear, but can be used in any gear also. It attaches to the back of the transfer case. If you're really interested in how it works check out this PDF. My FJ55 came with one and I managed to also get the manual when I bought the truck.

Attachments

• Fiarey Overdrive.pdf
    2.6 MB · Views: 118
They are very stout. We could drop the clutch and pull the front wheels off the ground. In my uncles 40 with a 383.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom