FJ40 Color Code Chart (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I am almost ready to start painting my rig and while looking for colors to choose, I found this website that has the formulas for preparing almost all FJ colors. Some of you will find this very useful. Just fill the blank for manufacturer and color code, the site will show you the recipe so your paint shop knows exactly what to do (only for their brand (Sikkens) but I think this can be a nice start)
Qnet

It also works with most of the Toyota color codes, you chose the manufacturer and type the color code in the textbox. Nebula Green: Qnet

Not sure if they are expensive compared to what you get in the US, In Colombia they are about average priced compared to other manufactureres. The quality is very good.

Maybe I will make your day..maybe you'll be pissed because you already bought your paint....but 302 Shell IVory is not completely dead yet. Go here:
https://www.basfrefinish.com/cgi-bi...uestLogin&menuName=HUB_MENU&directAction=Home

click on "formula look up"
type in "302" in the code box
scroll and select toyota
click on "go"
click on the hyper link
click on any of the hyperlinks (A, L1, L2 etc...)

Formula is there !

or since it's your top paint it 031 or 033 and call it a day.

Has anyone used this for the T302 formula???
I could not access the "formula look up" online tools, so if anyone has better luck than I did, please post up your findings.

It also works with most of the Toyota color codes, you chose the manufacturer and type the color code in the textbox. Nebula Green: Qnet

Not sure if they are expensive compared to what you get in the US, In Colombia they are about average priced compared to other manufactureres. The quality is very good.

It says "No formula available!"

Would these be for single stage paint or base/clear?

I had a similar result for three of the four Toyota colors that I was looking for. Then again, as usua, maybe I was just doing it wrong.:meh:

The BASF HAL 9000 puter has me locked out (again) so I can't go back in and get the formula there :mad: And, so far the Dupy HAL 9000 is shooting blanks for 302 Shell Ivory. I'll keep digging for it but it may take some time. If i dig it up, somebody owes me some :beer:

Some progress...the Dupy HAL 9000 provides this for Shell Ivory popped up on the Toyota Aust color inventory. At some point...dunno zactly when, I'll regain the BASF HAL 9000 bessings and do a screen shot of that one.
shell ivory.jpg

Last edited:
nice forum had to join!!
I went to paint shop today to find out that DUNE BEIGE paint code 416 actually comes in 2 colours
416A ( the correct colour for my 75 cruiser)
and
416B ( that turned out to be too yellow.)

hope this can help someone

nice forum had to join!!
I went to paint shop today to find out that DUNE BEIGE paint code 416 actually comes in 2 colours
and

Thanks. Welcome to Mud.:flipoff2:(traditional salute for the new guy):cheers:

nice forum had to join!!
and

Not uncommon...gets more interesting when the "choices" go to 4 or 5 for the same code. :flipoff2: welcome :grinpimp:

weird no black...offically from toyota back then guess the emporer didnt like black as someone metnioned

Depends on the region. Black was a factory color offering in the middle eastern countries. Not sure of the start date for the offering or the of the proper name for that market for Toyota. A search on Mud will yield several photos from middle eastern mudders of their stock rigs in factory colors.

Would a 12/1970 whitish FJ40 be Cygnus or Olympus? I have no paint code plaque due to age and am a little confused....plus the PO was a spray-paint happy desert rat and I have a white and 2 reds interior and a Taz black mouth exterior over the original....
Oh yeah, and I'm a newbie so pls forgive me if I'm in the wrong slot :)

How do I find the paint code on my 73 fj40? It is not on the pasenger fender tag. That only has motor info for the most part. I cannot find another tag on the firewall. Of course I found the drivers door tag but again, no paint code. The FJ appears to be sky blue originally, if it wasnt repainted by the PO which I suspect that it was. Everything has paint on it including all of the hinges etc.

THanks.

Beige 464 from automotivetouchup.com

I bought a $20 can of Beige 464 for a 1977 FJ40 from Automotivetouchup.com via ToyotaReference.com a while back and tested it out a couple weeks ago on the floor to see how it matched. Not even remotely close to the right color. Not just a shade or two off but simply way off.

I contacted AutomotiveTouchup today and they told me they could not help me as it had been more than 60 days from the time of my order. Looks like I will be going another route...

Poor service policy aside the color was way off. No problem with ToyotaReference really, but they provided the link to a poor vendor.

Picture shows stock color under the floor to the right, gray primer to the top and the "Beige 464" from Automotivetouchup.com on the left.

Disappointed.

beige464.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom