FJ40 Color Code Chart (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have had two paint shops mix 464 and it is the older beige and not the 81 lighter beige. Ideas????

Shane

I probably have some 1983 desert sand left, I'll look for the code. Beginning in 1979, at least in the states, dune beige would be too dark. Every late model truck I've had is desert sand, a lighter color.

Right, your color is desert sand, same as the Fj60 of the same vintage.

Thanks a ton for all the work done on the codes!!! I can't wait to see the brochures. :cheers:

Hey guys, just wanted to let you know that I am incorporating a brochure archive into the site. If anyone has a classic FJ40 brochure please give me a shout and I'd like to get it scanned and uploaded so everyone can enjoy/use them. Thanks!

Hey guys, just wanted to let you know that I am incorporating a brochure archive into the site. If anyone has a classic FJ40 brochure please give me a shout and I'd like to get it scanned and uploaded so everyone can enjoy/use them. Thanks!

You might want to check with LandPimp...he's the man to see about this stuff. That I remember, he's got stuff on his site that just made me day dream...so I went out and purchased my own original Brochure for the '64. :cheers:

1st; Awesome job on the chart. Thank you for your effort.

I just bought a January 1970 FJ40 that appears to be have been orig white. Your chart seems to skip 1970 for both of the whites. I cannot locate the paint code on the only data plate I can find (on the pass side inner fender).

Do you have any idea where the right data plate should be? Any other idea on white for 1970?

Thanks again

Great Chart

This chart is incredible!!! I am in the middlew of trying to decide on a new color for my 1980 BJ 40. The PO picked a kind of burgundy from God knows where. Per the firewall plate it was originally 681 green which doesn't wow me either. I noticed that both dark copper and copper metalic share the same paint code 474. Is that typo? If not both are on my list of possibilities, does anyone have a pic of a cruiser in that color. Again great work scionlife. a really valuable contribution.:cheers:

just found a pic of dark copper/ copper metallic 474 in the 80 series section.:doh:

Scionlife....thats a good web site you have there ...i used it alot when my wife had her scion xb...we had since sold it for a minivan :(

but....anyway....for literature ....see my signiture...i have posted MANY...help yourself....and many are also on birfield.com

Scionlife....thats a good web site you have there ...i used it alot when my wife had her scion xb...we had since sold it for a minivan :(

but....anyway....for literature ....see my signiture...i have posted MANY...help yourself....and many are also on birfield.com

Wow, there was a lot of good stuff there. Too bad I just spent $20 on some of those LC brochures that I could have just clicked "save" on. :)

The unknown year brochures that are between '65 and '66 are some that I just bought. they came with a Stout brochure, which I believe was sold in the states between 64-68, so that might narrow it down a bit.

This chart is incredible!!! I am in the middlew of trying to decide on a new color for my 1980 BJ 40. The PO picked a kind of burgundy from God knows where. Per the firewall plate it was originally 681 green which doesn't wow me either. I noticed that both dark copper and copper metalic share the same paint code 474. Is that typo? If not both are on my list of possibilities, does anyone have a pic of a cruiser in that color. Again great work scionlife. a really valuable contribution.:cheers:

Glad it helped you out! Not sure about the two different color names... most of that information was provided by others.

What the hell...I clicked on your link, and windows just started opening like crazy...had to turn off the computer! I tired again, but this time no such problem ?!?

Anyways, any way to get high rez copies of the stuff you posted?

And finally...looking great so far, but how come none of the charts have the colors from 61 to 67?

Keep up the good work :popcorn:

It couldn't have been my website that opened a lot of windows, possibly a virus or a bug in your browser?

For now the highest res is what is up on Picasa. I have higher-res scans here, but I am working on so many brochures that I don't want to start emailing out large files or else I'll do nothing but that. Once I get more of these brochures scanned I might switch from Picasa to Flickr or something that offers full resolution.

I rely on enthusiasts to send me information to populate the charts, and no one has sent me anything for those years yet. These charts are works in progress and are constantly being updated.

Not that I'm really ready for it, I'm a LONG way from paint, but anybody have any info on Jan. 1970 FJ40 white? Would it be Cygnus White? Thanks for any help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom