FJ40 1984 Wiring Diagram (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi All,
Can any one provide wiring diagram of FJ40 1984. Alternatively nearest to 1984. Thanks very much.

This is the best I have. FJ40 series - 1981 model.
1981 FJ40 series USA & Canada.jpg

This forum limits the max size of the picture.
I can get you a bigger one. PM me your email address.

Rudi

Rudi,
Do you have a higher resolution scan of that schematic? The one you posted doesn't "blow up" well. :D
This is one I do not have...

Yes, I have a BIG one ( 3 pages wide). Right now I'm in a conversion job between 2 computers and I'm sure that I have your email address somewhere but at this point I can't find it. So, please send me a PM with your email address and I'll send you the diagram attached.

Rudi

Update: The link above does not actually show a schematic for the 1983 FJ40 even though the COVER of the book says it does. There is only a schematic for a FJ60 in the PDF.

So I am STILL looking for a schematic for an FJ40 that is for 1982-1984. The last schematic I have found after extensive searching is for a 1981 FJ40.

If anyone has such a schematic please post it here. I am trying to help someone figure out how the fusible links were wired on an 83 FJ40. If someone knows for certain the 83 is the same as an 81 that information would also be valuable!

Update: The link above does not actually show a schematic for the 1983 FJ40 even though the COVER of the book says it does. There is only a schematic for a FJ60 in the PDF.

So I am STILL looking for a schematic for an FJ40 that is for 1982-1984. The last schematic I have found after extensive searching is for a 1981 FJ40.

If anyone has such a schematic please post it here. I am trying to help someone figure out how the fusible links were wired on an 83 FJ40. If someone knows for certain the 83 is the same as an 81 that information would also be valuable!

Hi Mark

Around 1981 Toyota seemed to realise they were creating too many individual wiring diagrams so they appeared to restrict themselves (starting around 1982) to publishing diagrams that covered multiple models (where autoelectricians had to extract just the bits that dealt with the particular model they were working on).

Here's one of those diagrams for 1983 showing just the fusible link section:

1983.jpg

:beer:

PS. The full top line actually says:
"LAND CRUISER FJ, BJ 40 Series ELECTRICAL WIRING DIAGRAM 1983 Model (Page 1 to Page 3)" with no mention of "USA and CANADA only"

Last edited:
I couldn't tell... I would think coolerman could ... I did just a quick look at my 74' diagram... but... need to look in a computer because of the way the pop up window expands ... can't see a lot

iPhone do suck at times lol

Old post, but it’s funny- I was just on the AZ app. All the diagrams are too small, unclear, and not able to zoom.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom