FJ 80 with portal axles (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I keep hearing that there is a fj 80 with portal axles. who has dones this and where are the pics !!!

There is one in Reno...

thanks guys. that is one awesome and inspirational build!:clap:

There is also the 80 that Ken Hanna built for Drexx. Ford 9" axles with Hummer H1 portals.

Reincarnation of the FZJ-80! Photo Gallery by Drexx Laggui at pbase.com

Here is a 'Mud thread discussing portals.
https://forum.ih8mud.com/80-series-tech/45566-2-5-lift-portals-6-inch-lift.html

Hmmmm.... the above images seem to come and go. I will attach.

-B-
Drexx_80_1.jpg
Drexx_80_2.jpg

Last edited:
hijack - does anyone have a source for inexpensive portals (around $3000-$4000 for the set)? I can't seem to find any C303 Volvo portals around (with 5.99 ratio) and the rest are too $$$ or too low geared for a daily driver.

Didn't Tirediron have a fj80 with portals?

:whoops: just realized there was a link above.

Last edited:
No portals for me.....yet.

Any idea on where that one built by Hanna for Drexx is now?

Rumour is that the truck is still in Northern Kalifornia. Drexx moved back to the Phillipines. If you want to pursue more information then I would suggest a post in the NorCal80 section.

-B-

hijack - does anyone have a source for inexpensive portals (around $3000-$4000 for the set)? I can't seem to find any C303 Volvo portals around (with 5.99 ratio) and the rest are too $$$ or too low geared for a daily driver.

Search in the for sale section. Someone had a set for sale for around $3500 listed about a month ago, but I can't be bothered to dig. Have a look.

PM "lagwagon" He supposedly has a friend with lots of Unimog portal axles with cable lockers. He takes a while to get back to you!

I also have some volvo's under my cruiser. Love the clearance, still working out the bugs. It worked well out on part of the Rubicon. No pictures on the trail, flexed well enough to remove the front of the Rt. Rear Flare. Flare less is starting to sound good.
cruiser 4.jpg
cruiser 2.jpg

I also have some volvo's under my cruiser. Love the clearance, still working out the bugs. It worked well out on part of the Rubicon. No pictures on the trail, flexed well enough to remove the front of the Rt. Rear Flare. Flare less is starting to sound good.

Wow what a cool rig man! Do you have a thread on the buildup somewhere? :cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom