FJ 80 Long Range Fuel Tank (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

lol......well a year ago i bought the subtank, transfer assembly, dual filler neck, and overhead console from SWCRUISER, then was gonna do the basic run of the mill simple transfer system, then i saw how jphockerz and elemarachi did there install, i uesed their install but took it further by having slee install it and bought a new main tank from japan...... all in all about 3 g's for my 100% OEM SETUP, talk to christo, and i would even say its better than other setups as christo and joe used factory wiring diagrams and everything was plug and play......to best of my knowledge, and besides the parts list from elemarchis install...they did the whole setup on their own..... but dont wanna send a rush of phone calls to christo.... i did all the research into the parts and costs of parts from various install and as far as they go elemarachis is the best so far but lol i think i beat him as i imported a main tank instead of installing a bracket.

slee installled everything but i looked intogetting the parts etc

pretty awsome driving home from golden colorado to vancouver bc and only filling up 4 times

Ok don't tease, what did this set you back?

x2, it would be good to know for us one banana guys...

Mine also runs on LPG the 80 litre LPG tank sits where the spare wheel used to be, I can get just over 400 miles with LPG and petrol, but with petrol here in the UK at $2.44 per litre I tend to run on LPG all the time as it is still only $1 per litre

I haven't yet needed more fuel in my present truck. On other vehicles, I have gone several routes. Out of all of them, I prefer the second tank with a transfer pump, for several reasons.
The transfer tank works like this; I fill it up when I may need it. When the main tank gets low, I turn on the transfer pump to move fuel from the extra tank to the stock one, like having a gas can that I don't need to remove and pour.
I like this because it doesn't mess with the stock system. An aftermarket tank can set an engine malfunction code if it doesn't "feel" right to the computer. A second tank with a transfer pump and a one-way valve will not affect the engine computer. Just tap the transfer hose into the existing fuel filler vent line.
There is a limited amount of space where the stock tank fits. If I add fuel capacity, I would rather put it in a space with less limits, such as where the spare tire used to fit. A larger tank in the stock location may add a few gallons. The spare well could hold more fuel than I want to buy at current prices!
A second tank with a pump is no more complicated than a jerry can that is mounted. It allows refueling of my own truck. With creative plumbing, it also allows me to refuel another truck, or to pump out a bit of fuel for the "Boy Scout" method of fire starting in camp. Pump out a cup of fuel, pour it on the wet wood and "POOF"! We have fire! Bring some meat!
I prefer the two tanks and a pump method.
If I put more fuel capacity in my truck, it will be a second tank with a transfer pump.

Last edited:
I had the 38gal man-a-fre replacement tank installed and it originally made noise and sounded like it moved around a little. Eventually wrapped the straps and any metal2metal surfaces with flat rubber and it has been trouble free since.
Yeah, come on.. what was you final cost to get that tank up and running?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom