Fj-80 1991 dies and won't start (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Few days ago I parked my fj 1991 3FE and it won't start again. Left overnight and it started again. The problem still persists, I can start it once its cold and keep running as long as I want without switching the engine off but once its off it won't start again for few hours, it cranks but won't fire and no spark from coil module. I have checked the battery, fuselinks,efi relay,coil ignition module...when it starts it runs smoothly

Few days ago I parked my fj 1991 3FE and it won't start again. Left overnight and it started again. The problem still persists, I can start it once its cold and keep running as long as I want without switching the engine off but once its off it won't start again for few hours, it cranks but won't fire and no spark from coil module. I have checked the battery, fuselinks,efi relay,coil ignition module...when it starts it runs smoothly
When you have a no-start, is the CHECK ENGINE light illuminated when the key is in the ON position before you crank the starter?

Jon is the resident 3fe guru here, follow those steps he gave and you should have the issue resolved.

Jon thanks for your help. I've checked everything and found this as a prob: No +12 on B+ on check connector and cel is off. Guide me further guys and I appreciate your replies

Jon thanks for your help. I've checked everything and found this as a prob: No +12 on B+ on check connector and cel is off. Guide me further guys and I appreciate your replies
OK, so you have +12 at the brass terminal screw in the fuse box, but don't have +12 at the B+ terminal with the key in the ON position. Is that correct?

You need to verify the terminals at the EFI relay. The pinout diagram is printed on the side of the relay can.
Pin 1 - GROUND
Pin 2 - constant +12 from EFI fuse
Pin 3 - Logic +12 from ECU. Should be +12 with key ON.
Pin 4 - Load side of relay.

You can try jumping pins 2-4 and see if that illuminates the CEL when the key is ON.

OK, so you have +12 at the brass terminal screw in the fuse box, but don't have +12 at the B+ terminal with the key in the ON position. Is that correct?

You need to verify the terminals at the EFI relay. The pinout diagram is printed on the side of the relay can.
Pin 1 - GROUND
Pin 2 - constant +12 from EFI fuse
Pin 3 - Logic +12 from ECU. Should be +12 with key ON.
Pin 4 - Load side of relay.

You can try jumping pins 2-4 and see if that illuminates the CEL when the key is ON.
Jon I tried jumping 2-4 but still cel doesn't illuminates. What might be the problem?

Jon I opened the ecu out of curiosity and found this (attached pic)guide me further please

IMG_20151207_191533.jpg

New ecu installed but problem is still there...no cel and no +12 at B+, no cel by jumping 2,4 on efi relay. Please help :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom