1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FJ 60 Bumpers who?

Discussion in '40- & 55-Series Tech' started by Bronco God, Jul 14, 2003.

1. Bronco God

Bronco God

Anyone have a recommendation on aftermarket front and rear bumpers for a 60?

Thanks
    James

2. FJ60

FJ60

I'm still running stock after years of researching and not coming off the cash :D

MAF
    CCOT
    Jt Outfitters

all have custom bumpers at various price points. After you get into the $600-$800 range you could have a local fabricator make you a custom one.

3. FJ60

FJ60

4. dd113

dd113

I have a full welding shop and the knowledge to use it. I tried to copy the ARB ft bumper and found out that i cannot do as good of a job as they can for the money. I would consider the ARB if you get it for a good price. As for the RR have a design and get a local to build it. It will cost less. Side bars and nerfs are much cheaper locally in general

5. hullendersauce

hullendersauce

ive researched this for awhile, and came up with the guy over at www.fj60.com. he has both the ARB, and the SAFARI GARD. my roommate has the ARB on both his 62, and his 40. he complains, ive read, that the ARB has to much drag in the front. the safari gard sits a lot higher, to keep lower approaches from catching, like the ARB one. i like the safari gard...its pretty $$$ but well worth it.

6. lndcrzr71

lndcrzr71

check out www.upnover.com they build 60 bumpers for front and back w/ swingaway tire cariers on back