Registry FJ55 Registry (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

They were purchased together from a gentleman in Clarkesville Georgia. He had 3 FJ55s. He kept the other one. Marshall Shepherd (Trollhole's Cruisers) did the inspections and moved them back to his shop in Greenville/Mauldin SC (about 1 1/2 hours away). The '79 will be restored back to near-original and we are not sure what we will do with the '71.

Hello,

I bought my first oldtimer cars few weeks ago. It is 2 FJ55, which are in bad condition, but I hope, that after repair it will bee nice car again. Cars are from Germany. They have very incomplete interior and lots of details are missing and red - one is very much destroyed by rust.

First is red one (no original colour) with rear double cargo doors.
Year: 1979
VIN: FJ55-86080 (by label)

Second is blue one (no original colour) with rear horizontal door
Year: 1977
VIN: FJ55-73082 (by label)

Last edited:
Cuisine,

Welcome to the club! Sounds like you have some work ahead of you. Post up some pictures when you have the time.

Cuisine,

Welcome ! Can't wait to see the pictures of German Version Pigs !

Thank you,
Monty

Last edited:
Owners Name: Andy Lee
Year: 1976
VIN:
Email: Mtn.art77@yahoo.com
State FJ-55 resides: Colorado (Leadville)
Any Modifications: nothing much I can tell as of yet. The shackles & springs aren't stock, but she sits pretty close to stock height.
More to come!

IMG_1735.JPG

Newbie here... Just purchased this 7/72 FJ55 28986 to add to the collection... Rusty, but runs like a top! Looking for parts like everyone else! Both bumpers, interior door mechanisms, rear lower rear reflectors.
1307718-48a65e68f70fcab4cb30b33b3917ee34.jpg

This pig has been siting 20 yrs. Plenty of rat crap and old dates they brought in. P/O said it started to run bad at Death Valley and he found the lifters in # 5 had the push rods poked into them. He claimed he removed the bad lifters and push rods as well as the plug for #5 and drove to So. Orange County, CA. I replaced the 2 lifters and rods. De ratted the carb. Tough job, years of rat piss makes the secondary butterfly real hard to free up. Put some wires and fresh plugs on. Set up a nice 12v fuel pump and fired it today fueled from a 1 gallon can. I like resurrecting an old engine. Runs a bit rough yet. Idles cold though. Short run, radiator is out. Note the farmer fix bypass hose in the engine photo. Truck is a model of neglect. Mostly all there. Could be a good resto and a solid blank canvas for a trail rig masterpiece.

P1060660.JPG

P1060659.JPG

This pig has been siting 20 yrs. Plenty of rat crap and old dates they brought in. P/O said it started to run bad at Death Valley and he found the lifters in # 5 had the push rods poked into them. He claimed he removed the bad lifters and push rods as well as the plug for #5 and drove to So. Orange County, CA. I replaced the 2 lifters and rods. De ratted the carb. Tough job, years of rat piss makes the secondary butterfly real hard to free up. Put some wires and fresh plugs on. Set up a nice 12v fuel pump and fired it today fueled from a 1 gallon can. I like resurrecting an old engine. Runs a bit rough yet. Idles cold though. Short run, radiator is out. Note the farmer fix bypass hose in the engine photo. Truck is a model of neglect. Mostly all there. Could be a good resto and a solid blank canvas for a trail rig masterpiece.

View attachment 1525887

View attachment 1525890

That is kick-a$$!!!

Owners Name: Justin
Year: 1973
VIN: FJ550026
Email: nvrlose@yahoo.com
Just found this sweet pig right down the road from my house tucked away in the pines. Found a tag receipt in the glove box that read 2003. I added DUI dizzy and poured some fresh gas into the carb and she fired right up! Now to weld the hole in the fuel tank up.
IMG_0527.JPG

Got these pigs a week apart.The nebula green is a 72 and the white one is a 68. Ive made some quick progress on the white one, mostly using the nebula for parts.
IMG_1895.JPG
IMG_1999.JPG

Better post that nebula one up in the patina thread!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom