Registry FJ55 Registry (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Mel,

What's the plans for this one?

Well- the motor is locked up, the clutch is frozen, and it has no brakes. The plan is to get the mechanicals back in order and go from there. The yellow primer, gun racks and hideous gm roof rack will remain until it's mechanically sound.

Pics and progress to follow in a build thread.

OINK!

Owners Name: Montano
Pig's Name: Albino Pig......twin of StinkySwine71
IH8MUD id: montyorpenn
Year: 1971
VIN: FJ55-21xxx
Email: mrecinto@gmail.com
State FJ55 resides: Woolrich, PA
Any Modifications: Orig PTO winch, Orig A/C, PO put new 33x12.5x15 BFG MTs, New Rubber Seals through out, LED lights in/out, Clarion NZ503 stereo sys, navigation system, back up camera, aluminum door panels, 3spd on floor, feels like she has power steering, power brakes(with the old brake drum/wheel cyl, don't know why brakes are that good), fog lights(covers with embossed FJ in black), boss air bags suspension assist, 2 inch shakles lift, 70 side mirrors, tinted windows and HD rear bumper with LED reverse lights.
FJ55AP13.JPG
FJ55113.JPG
FJ55AP14.JPG
FJ55AP15.JPG

Last edited:
Montano,

Question on the headlights...you sure they aren't LEDs? They look like mine. The trim rings won't fit without modifying the mounts.

I really like this one! How do you decide which one to drive? :)

Montano,

Question on the headlights...you sure they aren't LEDs? They look like mine. The trim rings won't fit without modifying the mounts.

I really like this one! How do you decide which one to drive? :)
You're right, I checked PO post. I try to drive one everyday, I have a few LCs in my driveway.

Thanks,
Montano

Last edited:
PO unbolted the lap belts from the floor and attached it to a 1 1/4 x 1 1/4 bar behind the front seat.
FJ55AP22.JPG
FJ55AP23.JPG

Last edited:
Owners Name: Steve MacMillan
Year: 03/71 & 01/79
VIN: FJ5520659 & FJ550100939
State FJ-55 resides: Carolina

Two 55s currently reside with Marshall Shepherd at Trollhole's Cruisers in Mauldin/Greenville, SC. The '79 will be restored to near-stock and we are not sure what we will do with the '71.

10552503_10154439045257908_2390219524523040934_n.jpg

SHMac,

Nice! Would like to see more of them.

Thanks Ron. I will start a separate thread on these 55s in the spring. I have read your build threads and I am in awe of your skill and tenacity. I am also retired, but I don't have your mechanical/restoration talents - so I must rely on professionals to do the work. I am fortunate to have Marshall Shepherd at Trollhole's Cruisers working on my trucks. In addition to these two 55s, He is restoring an '81 FJ-40 for me.

Two 55s currently reside with Marshall Shepherd at Trollhole's Cruisers in Mauldin/Greenville, SC. The '79 will be restored to near-stock and we are not sure what we will do with the '71.

Congratulations that 79 looks to be in great condition, in hindsight I wish I would started with a better pig to build off of.

Post lots of pictures when you guys get in to these!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom