fj 40 rear window wiper. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Quite the window kick I am on right now but anyways, was wondering if anyone has ever added a rear window wiper to their rig or have any insite into this possible feat? My rear window seems to be a dirt magnet and I am constantly cleaning it or not being able to see what is behind me. Since we are heading into mud season here pretty soon thought it might be a possibly adventageous to do. Or it might be that I just want to install the cool little windshield washer pump kit that I bought for $6 that has been sitting on my desk for 6 months now. Come on like you wouldn't have purchased it as a 'just in case'. Anyhow any info would be apreciated.

Eternal-forever

I assume you have a lift door? I've thought about this, too. If your rear glass is regular safetyplate laminated glass, you can drill a hole in it and mount a wiper setup like on the back of my Yukon. The wiper pivot goes through the hole and the rest of the unit appears to stick to the glass with some pressure sensitive gasket. If your glass is tempered, you can't drill it without having a new laminate piece cut, otherwise it will shatter. Most are laminate, by the way. Practically every SUV and Minivan has that type of wiper setup so they are quite plentiful.
That's the only configuration I can think of, below the glass is jammed up with the latching mech and above is too small...Just my thoughts
Ed Long

Yeah I never thought about the glass but that is a good idea thanks.

Eternal

Seems like a waste to me, just getting it to work correctly and hold will be hard enough, then you have to worry about the glass breaking and the world ending.

Ahhh, just do it.

While you are at it, invent a wiper for my soft top :D :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom