fitting 33/12.5 tires on an fj40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
right now i have a 2.5 inch lift on my fj40 and i want to put 33's on it. i dont really want to get 33/10.5's on it since the 12.5's look better. my question is are there any rubbing and/or clearance issues when the tires are fully turned (or any issues at all for that matter) or can i put 12.5 wide tires on it and have no problems? (by the way i have 3.75" backspacing) any input you guys have would really help me out.
thanks

I have 3.75 BS rims, with .25" spacers up front, with 33x12.5 Swampers on. Only issue I had was with clip on weights on the inside of the rim. Other than that no rubbing issues. I do have 4" of lift, but I do not think you will have any issues.

with a lift like that, you should be able to put 33's easy, if you are still having problems, you can trim some of the body off, or return the lift and tell them to give you the right one. ;)

- Rico.

you're talkin more about rubbin on a turn rather than under articulation, right?

i haven't heard of anybody that has bad problems under full turn running 12.50s

malphrus

yeah i'm talking about when i turn the wheel lock to lock, will the tires rub?, i know that i won't have any problems with them rubbing the wheel wells and stuff. right now i have 32/11.5's on it without spacers and i don't think the balancing weights even rub when the wheel is turned

they rub under articulation with a 4" lift

[quote author=cavsfj40 link=board=1;threadid=10861;start=msg97655#msg97655 date=1075680392]
they rub under articulation with a 4" lift
[/quote]
...gently...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom