First the Knuckle job or OME lift? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So, Dan, you can do 305/70/16s with a stock suspension?

Also, for mostly-road use, would you suggest ATSs over the MTRs??

thanks!
eric

Eric,

The more agressive a tire is, the more voids in the tread and the faster (in theory) it will wear out. If the majority of your operation is on the hiway and you do not want to have 2 sets of tires, an A/T tire is likely a good compromise for you.
Goodyear has a Wrangler (ATS?) in 305/70/16. I have no experience with that particular tire but have been happy with other GY tires in the past and currently run MILSPEC MT's.
The main downside to GY's is the extra cash you spend to buy the name. However, it seems now that you pay MORE to buy the BFG name than GY.

Dan.

And (no affiliation), if you want a smooth project vs finding out halfway through you're missing a seal here or a bolt there on a Sunday, get your parts through Cdan. You'll also save a bit.

DougM

Do them both yourself. Of all the things a Cruiser owner should do for himself at least once, installing a lift kit and rebuilding the axles are the top two IMO. The lift kit is really a snap and when you are done, you'll be glad you didn't pay someone. The knuckle rebuild might scare the s*** out of you the first time on the first side, especially after you've been sitting on your ass for 4 hours on the cold garage floor going "WTF????" But its worth it just to see for yourself what these projects are all about.

Photo_Cruiser said:
Oh and my 10 cents, when doing those front shocks, just split that damn top bolt and get on with it, especially if your doing the work solo.
Jeff

2x God I wasted so much time trying to get those bolts off, I finally just bought a nut splitter and split them. Cost me about 3 hours probably :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom