Firewood? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Great looking crew! I never heard of Blue Oak. We have white, black, red, post and a lot of other oaks, but no blue.

i burn 4 cords a year , cut up with my husky in the back yard and split with a maul . i just throw it in my backhoe bucket .

Works in the high desert of Arizona as well (that map needs a tiny green dot for Podunk, Lol). Tough tree, I planted one on the property with no irrigation and forgot about it. Doing fine.

Last edited:
We had a really large Cherry tree fall on the farm a few years back. My brother cut most of the limbs up for firewood.

The main trunk was about 3' in diameter and about 20 or so feet long and straight. We had it milled into boards for future use, possibly flooring. Not sure yet.

What we have left is the crotch of the tree. It is still sitting on the farm and is quite large. I know some folks mill these into slabs but not sure what to do with it at the moment. It is too big for the wood miser that the fellow down the road has.
100_8852.JPG
100_8853.JPG
100_8855.JPG
100_8858.JPG

I also cut some wood that had fallen at the cemetery where my mom is buried on the farm. It stays shady at this wooded area at the base of the hill so moss is quite common. Need to do a lot of work on the cemetery fence, rebuild the whole thing. Just have not been able to get to it yet.

100_8844.JPG

100_8845.JPG
100_8846.JPG
100_8847.JPG

What we have left is the crotch of the tree. It is still sitting on the farm and is quite large. I know some folks mill these into slabs but not sure what to do with it at the moment. It is too big for the wood miser that the fellow down the road has. View attachment 1200631 View attachment 1200632 View attachment 1200633 View attachment 1200634

Food for thought, Cherry is awesome for smoking lighter meats like fish, poultry, or hams. Might be able to make a dime or two supplying the local pit guru's.:hmm:

Got to get one of the pneumatic log splitter sometime. Tired of splitting wood manually...

Got to get one of the pneumatic log splitter sometime. Tired of splitting wood manually...

Definitely better for the old shoulders. Not too bad when you are younger but the closer you get to 50 and up, splitting wood gets hard on you.

I just bought one for my retirement present. I used a Monster Maul for over thirty years. It's a 16 pounder. Still use it for the house wood (fireplace). I use the hydro. splitter for the wood furnace outside.

Wh
We had a really large Cherry tree fall on the farm a few years back. My brother cut most of the limbs up for firewood.

The main trunk was about 3' in diameter and about 20 or so feet long and straight. We had it milled into boards for future use, possibly flooring. Not sure yet.

What we have left is the crotch of the tree. It is still sitting on the farm and is quite large. I know some folks mill these into slabs but not sure what to do with it at the moment. It is too big for the wood miser that the fellow down the road has. View attachment 1200631 View attachment 1200632 View attachment 1200633 View attachment 1200634

Went to this place a few months back. Almost fell over at the prices they were asking. Some tables were in excess of CAN$50K! Get someone to make something nice out of it or sell it to someone who can use it.

Modern Solid Wood Furniture Inspired by Nature | Artemano

Kybishop,

Sorry you had to lose your Mother at such a young age. I'm sure she's glad you cleaned up the downed trees. I like to save some cherry for the fireplace in doors. Nice smell.

Thanks scrapdaddy, appreciate it. I was 15 when she passed away. It was a difficult time, we weathered through it. That was over 30 years ago and not a day goes by I don't think about her.

Last edited:
Once we had a nice Red Maple tree. Beautiful tree. She was struck by lightning more than once.

The tree was compromised. I was planning to cut it down.

Then the other night the wind blew. The tree fell. Mother nature did a great job.

Heat for this next winter to come.

Thank you mother nature.
100_9130.JPG
100_9132.JPG
100_9156.JPG
100_9157.JPG
100_9158.JPG

Never heard of David Bradly sitting in a Antique/Junk shop for sale. Any story on these?

David Bradley saw.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom