Figure I'd ask - ome suspension install help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all,

This winter i ordered a new ome suspension kit for my 77 fj40, problem is, i don't know how to install it. I'm getting ready to do my first light wheeling with the 40 in a month in Colorado and would like to get it installed. I've contacted a local shop but they want alot more than id like to pay. Furthermore, I'd like to learn and do the work myself anyway.

As such, i thought id ask if anyone might be willing to lend me a hand with the install process. I'd make it worth your time.

I'm just ne of des moines.
Thanks everyone,
Matt

First thing you want to do is check that all your shackle bolts and pins, and ubolts are going to be easy to remove. Start PB Blaster now!
This is what takes to most time.
You will want all new hardware when you put the new springs on. I made all my shackles and bolts, then ordered new greaseable pins from Cruiser Corps.
Finding someone with a lift will be best, if not I fabbed up some jackstands that was high enough to reach the frame with the front wheels off the ground.

Good Luck

Thanks for the input! Ill get started with the pb blaster. The kit i bought has all new pins shackles and u bolts i believe.

I don't know anyone with a lift so looks like ill so have to get creative with the jack stands.

If there were even a step by step (with pictures) somewhere i think I'd just dive in but i haven't been able to find one anywhere.

Thanks again.

Well, looks like ill be trying to tackle this myself as i just cant help but think it shouldn't cost $800 to have a lift installed.

Do people know, would the fsm be of any help to me in this process?

I ended up using regular jack stands on this one. It's a lot shorter than the other.

uploadfromtaptalk1439221537804.jpg

Thanks for the additional thoughts/pictures. I've yet to get started and want to get everything labeled so i know what goes where. I might also try one of those ccot "blocks" to remove my lean.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom