1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fender Flares

Discussion in '40- & 55-Series Tech' started by 78crzr, May 14, 2003.

1. 78crzr

78crzr

Which is a better set of flares - SOR UB40, SOR Duraflare, or Bushwacker Cutout Flares? Need to buy a set this week. Got a little cuttin' to do. :G

2. CruisinGA

CruisinGA

I went SOR UB40. There were already holes in my sheetmetal, quick install, holding up just fine, 7 months later.

3. wayne_fj40

wayne_fj40

I went with the bushwackers so I could cut out some fender and make it look good when done : :G

4. Sparky_Mark

Sparky_Mark

I have the UB40's on my Cruiser 1. I used nylon rivets to secure them - no problems in 4 years, except the price. Urethane is not expensive - $100 or more for these parts is not a fair price.

For my Cruiser 2 project. I found a company that makes EPDM rubber extrusions - Pacer. I ordered them from my local auto store and they were only $40. You get 2 pieces that can be trimmed to fit. They are not formed like the UB40's, they are just curved pieces. If you want to get creative with the fit, you can cut notches in the mating flange to make them look sort of like the more expensive ones.

I got them the day after I ordered them.