February ROTM 2015 - Redfield Canyon 2/27 - 3/1/2015 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
February ROTM will be an overnight to an area called Redfield Canyon weekend of the 28th. Access is off Cascabel road in the San Pedro River Valley after traveling through Redington pass. This is a loop trail which will pop out further down Cascabel road. Cascabel then ends in Benson, AZ and those traveling from Phoenix can easily hop on the highway to cruise home. Trail is fairly easy with the exception of some wash crossings that I personally just drug my hitch on due to the departure angle. Very scenic!

Meet up at the Circle K at 10:00 AM the 28th and head for Redfield. Camp halfway, and finish the trail out the next morning.

Meet up at the Circle K located:

11271 E Tanque Verde Rd
Tucson, AZ 85749

The drive is 3-4 hours to the midpoint of Redfield Canyon from the Circle K. An additional 1.5 hours to get out to Cascabel from midway and about an hour to the highway after that.

I will be pre-running the trail to ensure everything is the same and have attached a topo map to give an idea where the loop is off Cascabel. Let me know interest in the options!

A good trail description is located here with some additional maps and way points:

http://www.experience-az.com/adventures/4wd/redfieldcanyon/redfield.html

Bradberryloop.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like a fun trip and count me in for most likely meeting Saturday morning at circle K.

I'm in, I'd go down and meet up Friday Night...not sure I'd make it for 5pm but definitely would for 6

Stocker friendly?

Also, do you think it would be possible to pull a high clearance camping trailer on this run?

There are a couple dips crossing the wash that I dragged my hitch on. Just a bit deep and narrow but sandy. I'm going to test run the trail so if I see anything that may be an issue I will mention it.

There are a couple dips crossing the wash that I dragged my hitch on. Just a bit deep and narrow but sandy. I'm going to test run the trail so if I see anything that may be an issue I will mention it.

Thank you for pre-running it.

If you can, a few photos of the washes would be great.

Ima going to try and make this one and would prefer coming Friday late afternoon and camping both nights

Wilma,

I know you stated in the OP that there were 2 options and was wondering if you still plan on camping Friday night? I was going to come down Friday night, stay at my parents and then meet at Circle K Saturday morning or if a few of us from the Phoenix area are planning on going Friday night maybe we can all meet up and camp Friday night as well.

Wilma,

I know you stated in the OP that there were 2 options and was wondering if you still plan on camping Friday night? I was going to come down Friday night, stay at my parents and then meet at Circle K Saturday morning or if a few of us from the Phoenix area are planning on going Friday night maybe we can all meet up and camp Friday night as well.

I think the majority called for camping both nights. Camping would be just off Reddington road Friday to make it easy for people wanting to join Saturday to spot us. When could people from Phoenix potentially make a meet up Friday night?

For those coming from Phoenix do we want to convoy down there together? I can be ready about 400pm to leave?

For those coming from Phoenix do we want to convoy down there together? I can be ready about 400pm to leave?
Sounds good to me, maybe 430pm? Ill try to pack on thursday and drive to work. I work off of the 10 and chandler blvd. What do you think?

Sounds good to me, maybe 430pm? Ill try to pack on thursday and drive to work. I work off of the 10 and chandler blvd. What do you think?
Stay off the MUD site and you will have plenty of time to pack. You live close to me so we can arrange to meet somewhere near by

Anyone heading down Saturday. Morning early to meet up and camp out Saturday night? I'm not sure I can get ready by Friday night for two nights

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom