Fall colors run for Gappy! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Gappy chimed in that he wants to have a Fall Colors Run.
Dunno if I can make it but if we settle on a date soon I'll sure try.
Walter, this is your baby, post up some times when you can make it for sure. Everybody else confirm the times you can go & I'll put in a request.
Let's do this!

Thanks Conquistador!
Here are possible wknds for me.
Wknd of Sept 20 is good but sounds like there might be a Silver Lake conflict.
Wknd of Oct 18 I already know Tony cant make it so thats a bad choice.
Wknd of Oct 25 is open. Thats getting late in the year, is it too cold for tent camping?

I'll put in for the weekend of the 18th. I'll try for a Friday through Sunday.
Where are you thinking? Badlands? Somewhere else?

I like the 18th, but if tony can make something else work im in.

Ive heard Silver LAke is on the sept 20th also.

Tony, if you can get off the wknd of Oct 18th lets go with that.
How soon do you find out once you put in for a wknd?
GinGin, whats going on at Silver Lake Sept 20?

Tony, as far as where to go...make no diff to me. Whatever works for everybody.

I was just logging in to post the silver lake trip. I'll be there 19-21st, room is already reserved at the Dunes Waterfront Resort.

Outside of that, October 18th or 25th would work for me.

Hmm possible shakedown run for the 80 rear end...

Pardon the newbie question Joe as I'm new to 80 parts, how long does it take to baseline the rear axle prior to hitting the trail? Do i need to plan on a 6am attica arrival to allow enough time to mic the axle shaft splines, rolling resistance of the rear bearings and check the gear runout?

Plan on 45 minutes if your cone washers cooperate

Awesome, they popped right out fresh from the junkyard. That time estimate will allow me to run a gear oil sample/analysis in the lot as well.

I usually get a fairly speedy response from my time off requests, so hoping to know soon. If she says no, I'll try for the 25th.
While I know its a bit goofy, The Off Road Jamboree is the weekend of Sept. 20th & I, my wife, son & his family go every year. So that is not an option for me, plus Joe has plans.
So I'm hoping big time for an approval cause I need a big moist Gappy hug!

Excuse my ignorance, but where will this run be? I'm in Marengo, IL (between Chicago and Rockford off 90) I am working on the 80 over the next couple weeks to rebuild hubs/birfs and redo all the heater hoses/PHH. Once done I'm wanting to make a trip before Winter sets in and ruins my morale. Side note if anyone wants to come help my unmotivated self with repairs or just watch me struggle and provide comedic relief its free beer everyday :beer::popcorn:

Will prolly be at badlands in Attica In. That's a good 3 day trip place. If someone else wants to do it elsewhere chime in.
My boss lady is on vacation, so I haven't gotten a response yet.

Yes keep me posted on dates, I'm flexible and quite familiar with Badlands. Would be nice to make an outing with a few Cruiserheads though. All my buddies dropped out of the sport and left me here questioning what to do with my truck. I've made the decision already, its not going anywhere (except wheeling). Which is what led me to this thread. Mama didn't raise no quitter ;):flipoff2:

Don't know if we can make any of these. Bill is having gallbladder surgery tomorrow. His recuperation may be longer than the typical week and if so this may also tighten the budget.
We'll see how it goes
Mrs x

DANG! Hope all goes better than it should & Bill is up & running around in no time. Anything I can do just lemme know.

Victoria, Give Billy some hugs for me!

Vicky, tongue punch Bills fart box for me....

Ginger you always have the most romantic way of expressing yourself!

I've tongue punched Bills fart box before. It's quite exhilarating, I do suggest you try it.
Bill, you were passed out when it happened. Sorry to break the news to you in a public forum.
Victoria, you can show him the pics now, it's no longer a secret.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom