Factory Service manual? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone know where I can buy a factory service manual for my 97?

I had one for my 85 4Runner, and loved it.

If there is an even better book out there, please let me know.

thanks!

Anyone know where I can buy a factory service manual for my 97?

I had one for my 85 4Runner, and loved it.

If there is an even better book out there, please let me know.

thanks!

"Printed copies of all Toyota, Scion, and Lexus service support information can be purchased directly from the Toyota Materials Distribution Center or MDC. The MDC stocks printed versions of most Toyota service information products, including legacy model information that is not available on this site.
  1. Note: Certain inventory items are produced in limited quantities and may not be reprinted or reissued once initial inventory is depleted.
MDC telephone operators accept Visa and MasterCard credit card orders, Monday through Friday, 8 AM to 5 PM Pacific Time.
To place orders please call 1-800-622-2033."

The FSM is the best by far. Sometimes you can get them cheaper on fleabay.

Since this is your first thread that you posted, I would like to say :flipoff2:Welcome to MUD:flipoff2:

Now, for your question in obtaining the FSM, all you have to do is call cruiserdan at American Toyota (look at the vendors list for the phone number). He can get you one. Or you can look at the For Sale section of this Forum.

Now, for your question in obtaining the FSM, all you have to do is call cruiserdan at American Toyota (look at the vendors list for the phone number). He can get you one. Or you can look at the For Sale section of this Forum.

Dan has actually recommended that you go direct to Toyota per post #2.

Welcome to the sub-culture

Welcome to the subculture :flipoff2:!!

Contact TIS:

The FSM information is highlighted in yellow, also consider the Electrical Wiring Diagram highlighted in green.

To place orders please call 1-800-622-2033.

1. Repair Manual
    Includes basic repair instructions, diagnostic charts and component removal/replacement procedures.
  2. Electrical Wiring Diagram (EWD)
    Detailed circuit diagrams electrical component locations.
  3. Automatic Transmission/Transaxle Unit Repair
    Overhaul and inspection procedures specific to automatic transmissions/transaxles.
  4. Collision Repair Manual
    Welded panel replacement, structural dimension information, and model specific body panel service techniques (except painting).
  5. Owner's Manual and Navigation Owner's Manual
    Replacement copies of the original booklets shipped with all Toyota, Scion and Lexus vehicles. Supplemental booklets for vehicles equipped with factory installed navigation systems are also available. Be sure to specify which Owner's Manual you need.
  6. New Car Features (NCF) [carry-over models and full model changeover]
    Technical descriptions of year-to-year product changes. Carry-Over Model NCFs are released each year. NCFs for full model changeovers are released when a vehicle model is first released or the platform is significantly modified.
Also, be advised that you can subscribe to TIS

How To Subscribe:
tab.bar.top.right.wht2gry.gif
Thank you for your interest in the Toyota | Lexus Technical Information System or TIS. Subscription access to TIS is offered in daily, monthly, or yearly intervals following the rate schedule noted below.

TypeDailyMonthlyYearlyStandard $10 US$50 US$350 USSecurity Professional $35 USNA$800 US
A Standard TIS subscription provides access all of the product support information necessary to maintain, diagnose, and repair vehicles manufactured by Toyota and marketed in the USA. As a general rule, model coverage begins with the 1990 model year with some information, like Technical Service Bulletins, available back to 1987.

Dan has actually recommended that you go direct to Toyota per post #2.

:whoops: Sorry, did not know that but at least he can touch bases with the highly experienced parts guru here on mud:D

WOW, I am so glad I bought my Land Cruiser and joined this forum... You guys are most helpful!

I am sure I will be posting and responding more as the days go on... I am on day #2 with my cruiser and LOVE IT!

thanks again everyone, hope to see you on the trails!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom