Ford F 450 Serpentine Belt Replacement (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

D'Animal

Rescuer of Beagles & Landcruisers
Threads
I drove the company F450 the other day and about 1 mile from my house the serpentine belt started to go.

Towing this F450 Crew Cab with Extended Wheel Base and a custom Douglas bed on it is going to run $600.00. They need to use a semi type wrecker.

It has the 6.0 diesel and single aternator. I bought a new Ford belt and asked the service manager how long it should take. He said 2.5 hours but closer to 3.5 in real time.

Has anybody ever done this. It is a major pain in the arse.

The first thing to come out is the radiator.

I dunno for sure on the 450s, but 350s had a problem with the water pump pulley shredding the belts... I'll see about finding the TSB article on that.... on the 350s the fan shroud has to come off. It comes out in 3 pieces. First remove 2 inch wide piece next to radiator, second, all bolts securing to radiator, third you need a fan clutch wrench to remove clutch from water pump, fourth, remove shroud next to radiator with fan( it aint easy) then there is 5 or 6 bolts holding inner shroud to motor. average time to remove it---2 to 3 hours....:frown:

What year truck, and how many miles on that belt??

After
DSCF2230.JPG

:cool:......:beer:

One of many reasons I like my 7.3

Did you ever get the GVW mess straightened out?

Did you ever get the GVW mess straightened out?

Yep

Throw enough money at the DMV and they can figure a lot of things out. It cost an additional $547.00 to get it registered properly to pull the trailer.

I had to take my CDL completely over again. What a pain that was.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom