1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Exorsism of Emily Rose review

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by concretejungle, Oct 1, 2005.

1. concretejungle

concretejungle SILVER Star

Just saw it and i would give it two thumbs up.

The only problem i have is with people and movie theatres. That was probably the last time i will go to the movie theatre. For now i will wait until movies that i want to see come out on DVD. I felt like i was at the Apollo! :mad: Hooting, hollering, bursts of laughter and talking through the entire fawking thing. Several people i was with got up and walked out. They finally had some one from the theatre come in and ask people to leave. . . . . and get this, they claimed it was rascist! Unbelievable! Fawkers were throwing candy at each other and talking through the entire movie.

As far as the movie goes i found it to be very good. Not a typical horror movie. One that made you think.

Go see it. :cheers:

SIDE NOTE: I hope i don't wake up tonight at 3:00am. :eek:

2. concretejungle

I thought this was right on que for the original exorcist. They did use the tape. This movie brought more to the table i felt. The original exorcism was more about the exorcism itself. This movie brought up the whole modern day fact vs. fiction. Science vs. human emotion and feeling.

I won't give away the movie, but there was one part that was spine tingling when the defendant's lawyer just recieved the tape of the exorcism. That night in her apartment while she was sleeping the tape player started playing. . . :crybaby:

3. Critter

Critter

I saw it last night. It was interesting but doesn't hold a candle to the original exorcist in my book.

We had the same problem at the theater people were talking and laughing the entire time. This chick behind me kept talking and it started to piss me off. She was saying **** like "oh no you better get out of there" and "you best go put that locket on". I wanted to ask her if she honestly thought the girl in the movie could hear her.

4. BOUNDER

BOUNDER

You are absolutely right - there's a HUGE lack of civility (for lack of a better word!) in movie theaters these days - especially those packs of kids who keep getting up or looking at the light of thier cell phones. And the 'tard movie studios think it's piracy...people are staying away due to PEOPLE! :mad:

5. Cookiemonsterette

Cookiemonsterette

NO THANKS!!!! I saw the preview and it creeped me out. I'm all for scary movies (The Ring :bounce: )but I draw the line at satan stuff. [shiver]

6. Mr.Bryan

Mr.Bryan

The ring! pshh that wasn't scary. creepy, but not scary :D
    I saw Wolf Creek 2 nights ago, that was a creepy movie too. A bit scary, but just flat out creepy. Aparently based on a true story. Gorey though, not texas chainsaw gorey, but gross at times.

7. Critter

Critter

I saw a preview for Wolf Creek on the internet but it hasn't been released anywhere around here. Where did you see it?

8. Critter

Critter

*Possible Spoiler*

Does anyone remember the demons?

It was kind of confusing to me because some of them introduced themselves and it sounded like others just named people they possessed.

So 3 of the demons had possessed Nero, Cain, and Judas. Then the other 3 demons used their names, Belial, Legion, and Lucifer himself.

I thought Belial = Lucifer and there are a couple of references in the Bible to Legion but they are said to be a person possessed by many demons, not just a single one named Legion.

So was she just possessed by "Lucifer in the Flesh" as she/it/whatever said in the movie and supposedly he was just saying all that or what? I am confused.

Not trying to make this religious in anyway what-so-ever, just thought it was an interesting point.

9. Hossdog

Hossdog

Weird point......I believe that possesion can happen, and recognize my point of view on life etc. If I actually witnessed in person what I saw on the movie screen I would **** my pants and my whole point of view on life would change I think. I cant imagine having a face to face encounter with that.

10. Tomy

Tomy

hate people talking through the movies; #1 reason why my girl and I don't go to the movies anymore.

will wait for the movie to come out on DVD; watch it at home with no problem.

11. MTNRAT

MTNRAT SILVER Star

I have a theatre and for the most part it is very civil. Have to throw the highschool kids out every now and then to keep em in line. BTW on cheap tuesday you get in for $4 and get a large pop(32oz) and SS popcorn for $5. Regular gate is $4 for kids $6 students and seniors, and $8 adults. And that is CDN bucks.
    Cheers,
    Sean

12. 72FJ40LandCruiser

72FJ40LandCruiser

There's a theater in the mall in Amarillo that has movies for $1.50 anytime. They are usually a bit slow to get the movies, I'm wondering if they don't buy the reels from other theaters when they are done with them or something like that. But for $1.50 I can put up with a little bit of crap from people. I went to see Madagascar one evening up there and there were quite a few little kids there but what do you expect for a kids movie?

13. brian

brian SILVER Star

we normally wait till the movie is pretty played out before we go.
    i can't stand the talking and she hates other people sitting next to her.
    then there's always the tall guy/big haired broad that needs to sit in front of us.
    wait a few weeks and you normally have the place to yourselves for veiwing the movie or something else....

14. crushers

crushers post ho SILVER Star

or do as the wife and i do, go see the mid afternoon show...

okay, so it helps if you work for yourself and your wife has the early shift...

never had a problem at the movie except when i go to the early evening one, it seems to bring out the rude obnoxious people...

to bad it is illegal to deck someone for being rude...
    cheers

15. concretejungle

My thoughts exactly. ;)

16. 72FJ40LandCruiser

72FJ40LandCruiser

I do agree to do a matinee when you can. I've done it a few times with the old lady and not only is it a lot cheaper, there's usually only 5-10 people in the theater.

17. OZCAL

OZCAL

Just saw it and it was great. I know this is an old thread, but it finally is out in the DVD rental store down here. Scared the bejeezus out of me.