1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

exhust

Discussion in '40- & 55-Series Tech' started by 74cruiser, Apr 1, 2003.

1. 74cruiser

74cruiser

has any body ever ordered a exhust kit from man-a-fre, did it line up? for some reason my wont fit, any suggestions?

2. CruisinGA

CruisinGA

Whats not fitting?

3. IDave

IDave

Media:
    I have an 6>1 exhaust header from MAF, and no, it doesn't line up perfectly.

4. 74cruiser

74cruiser

i also have headers from them, after about a week i finaly got them on, need less to say they are scratched up. its the exhust none of the pipes and mufler line up. i can get one pipe on going from the headers but thats it, every thing else either hits the axle, shocks, tranny, or everything else. also does it matter how long my exhust is? ie: if i put the mufler closer to the engine will that effect the back pressure?

5. Design311

Design311

I don't have that kit, but you may need to take it by a muffler shop as a last resort and have them make some adjustments for you. I had a local shop to mine. 2.5" piping to a flowmaster 40 series and out the back driver's side. I love it!! Good luck.

6. 74cruiser

74cruiser

the problem with the muffler shop in town is that, A) cant get my cruiser there and B) lack O' money.

7. Trevor

Trevor

Are you afraid to drive your crusier with just a header? Everytime I have my exhaust system off, I make sure to drive around the block a few times at midnight!!

If I was in your shoes, I would send that crap back to MAF and tell them to fix it.

8. Design311

Design311

Ha ha, good luck with that one. Have you ever tried to return stuff to MAF? I tried to EXCHANGE a tcase shift boot for the correct one, and it took them over 2 months to finally admit that they sent the wrong one. Like I said, Good luck bro!

9. Trevor

Trevor

I thought about that after I posted it. I've never ordered from MAF because of all the horror stories I've heard about their "returns" department.

10. Design311

Design311

Yeah, I just use MAF as a last resort. CCOT was out of stock when I orded my shift boot. I definately learned my lesson. Take care!