Exhaust Flange Gaskets -1994 1FZ (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

RiverCityDave

SILVER Star
Threads
Website
www.rivercitycruiser.life
am i the only person ever to replace these? I did multiple searches and couldn't find a thread, and I find a ton of confusion on the online parts pictures.

So here's the deal, I've had a stubborn exhaust leak for a while I finally dug into it this weekend, and the gaskets are completely destroyed. So the ones I picked up of course don't fit, since they are for the cat gaskets, my leak is at the bottom of the manifold. All the online diagrams only refer to the 3FE.

Has anyone done this? I'll be calling beno Monday to get the right ones, but I can't believe there are no other entires on this.

Here's some pics of some parts I had left over when I replaced my exhaust. Not sure though which gaskets go where.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

O2 sensor nuts are 90080-17187.

[EDIT] Note that I have a 97.

I have that problem on my 96 between the 2 inline cats there is a exhaust leak. Twice I tried new exhaust gaskets and have now resorted to exaust puddy. After our last trip it started leaking again I might just weld the joint and cut it out when I replace the exhaust.

That's what I did. Lasted a while, but ultimately had to replace. Started with one gasket, then two, used SS hardware, etc.

Thanks for posting those pics, I was using the gasket on the top for a replacement. Maybe that is the wrong one.

If it's the stock Y pipe then there should be 1/4 inch of pipe protruding in to the manifold collector. The gasket should fit right around that protrusion and fit right in the recess of the manifold. It will make a tight seal. The one at the top above looks to be correct but it's hard to judge the size. I'm sure someone on here will chime in to confirm the part number.

I have used furnace cement on real stubborn exhaust leaks. It swells as it cures. Not sure how an o2 sensor would re-act.

If it's the stock Y pipe then there should be 1/4 inch of pipe protruding in to the manifold collector. The gasket should fit right around that protrusion and fit right in the recess of the manifold. It will make a tight seal. The one at the top above looks to be correct but it's hard to judge the size. I'm sure someone on here will chime in to confirm the part number.
This describes my system exactly, but I still don't know what the gaskets are. Seems "donut gasket" is the name in the "common tongue" but right now I've got my manifolds disconnected and don't have the right gaskets to put it back together. On the rear bank, there are a few broken pieces of the old gasket, but the front one has nothing, almost like it was assembled without it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom