Builds Evolution of a Land Cruiser: My 80's build thread (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Looks great Jose, got a quick question for you. Does the 3 jerry can setup from Sean's bumper block the tail light at all. Just asking because your pic looks like it does, put it can be just the angle. So now our wheels don't match anymore. But I completely see what you mean, it is a great looking wheel but all the detail is lost in the black.
Thanks! Yeah never thought I'd go back to silver wheels. I'm such a tweaker! The other thing too is the rock rash on black. It shows up a lot more. Hopefully the silver will hide it a bit better.

About the bumper. It depends mostly on the angles. Like if you stand right in the middle of the truck just a few feet away you definitely won't see the taillights. The farther you back up, the more you can see them. I think it's just part of the territory with these bumpers with big spare tires and jerry cans...

Hi J, did you take the tire off the rim to sand blast? and do you have a blasting rig or did you figure out another solution?

Cheers P

Hi J, did you take the tire off the rim to sand blast? and do you have a blasting rig or did you figure out another solution?

Cheers P
No I didn't take the rim off, just left it on the tire. I used THIS blast gun. I bought it because it didn't seem to need a lot of CFMs and I only have a 30g compressor. It worked great for a light sandblasting to scuff up the surface for paint. It probably couldn't handle a heavy job where you need to completely blast away all the material and go down to bare metal, but for this it was just fine.

4th BRAKE LIGHT

Got bored yesterday and decided to install a brake light in the spare rim. Drilled a hole in the center cap and used an LED trailer light. Now there won't be any excuses for not seeing the red lights flash when coming to a stop :)

8716827374_2ea84a3d0c_b.jpg

4th BRAKE LIGHT

Got bored yesterday and decided to install a brake light in the spare rim. Drilled a hole in the center cap and used an LED trailer light. Now there won't be any excuses for not seeing the red lights flash when coming to a stop :)

Now just paint "ASCO" in the center and "Lock/unlock around edges", all in white.

:flipoff2:

You know you wanna.

Now just paint "ASCO" in the center and "Lock/unlock around edges", all in white.

:flipoff2:

You know you wanna.
HA! Don't give me any ideas. Sometime I have too much spare time on my hands :D

LAKE TRIP

Took a quick trip out to the local lake (Folsom Lake) to let the dogs play a bit. It's too bad this place is always so crowded. Very nice area and lots of rock to play around on. I went up to Rattlesnake Bar a few weeks ago and that was cool too. Need to do some more exploring up here.

Here's pics of our lab mutt Gunner which we adopted about 6 weeks ago. I really like how these came out :)

8733913622_14596e69dc_h.jpg

8732835657_3456abb9cd_h.jpg

8732797145_3dd6101d46_h.jpg

Are you going with that color on your front driver fender or a two tone?

Are you going with that color on your front driver fender or a two tone?
No that was just a quick spray paint to cover up the body work I had done. I'll be going with this Monstaliner color, the middle one :)

8545522999_da3d08a9bb_h.jpg

Nice, looking forward to seeing it complete... well, I do not think it will ever be complete since we tend to constantly change sh** out. Lol

The clarity of these photos are unreal. What do edit with?
Thanks! I shoot RAW and edit in Bridge / Camera RAW editor. I also use Photomatix when I wanna do a little Exposure Fusion like I did with these here.

AXE MOUNT

Since I already own The Best Shovel in the World, it was only logical to choose the same brand for the axe. Picked up the Fiskars X15 axe on Amazon for about $32. .....

Still working on that darn shovel mount...

I've owned that Axe for about 5 years and it works great! :beer:

Your rig looks really cool...
Some kind of raw monster :)

I think these fenders would match:
5%252C5inchfenders.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom