Builds Evolution of a Land Cruiser: My 80's build thread (7 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thank you sir! I've only had the headlights installed for about 4 months and my truck lives in the garage most of the time. So it's too soon to comment on them lasting or holding up. But I really don't see any issue with them. I think they look great. The only potential issue is the plastic brackets. It feels softer than OEM and easier to bend so who knows how long these will last before they break. The mounting tabs on most OEM lights are broken by now too. These really should have been made with a metal backing plate.

I just got the depot boxes dropped off. You think I should fiberglass over them or do something else to give them more strength before I install them?

What springs are you going to use to get rid of all that sag in the rear? Your approach angle is incredible, but departure angle looks like it needs some attention, too.

Oh, and I love those 37's.

I just got the depot boxes dropped off. You think I should fiberglass over them or do something else to give them more strength before I install them?

Definitely wouldn't hurt I think! Maybe even add some metal bracing before you coat it in fiberglass

What springs are you going to use to get rid of all that sag in the rear? Your approach angle is incredible, but departure angle looks like it needs some attention, too.

Oh, and I love those 37's.

I'm thinking of going with the 5" OME Comps. Hope the ride isn't awful though. As far as the rear approach angle, not much you can do unless you bob the truck which I'm not ready to do yet. I may trim the side wings just for looks, but as you can see here Sean's bumper sits flush with the frame rails. Doesn't hang any lower than if I was running a different bumper or bumper-less. It only sticks out about 2" past the ends of the frame

yr70b7yh.jpg

View of the side wings

sBYLmVyh.jpg

Kirk's bumper. Probably the extreme upper limit of what can be done without bobbing the truck/

View attachment 962783

That looks pretty cool. Looks like it's still flush with the frame rails but it's really tucked in because it has no swingouts. Don't think I'm ready to lose the swingouts!

Kirk's bumper. Probably the extreme upper limit of what can be done without bobbing the truck/

View attachment 962783

I dig this rig... Haven't seen it in years but I stole the idea to run the exhaust out the side like he did.

Seeing those wheels make me miss mine... Too bad I could never get them to balance

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1415416646.902203.jpg

I'm thinking of going with the 5" OME Comps. Hope the ride isn't awful though. As far as the rear approach angle, not much you can do unless you bob the truck which I'm not ready to do yet. I may trim the side wings just for looks, but as you can see here Sean's bumper sits flush with the frame rails. Doesn't hang any lower than if I was running a different bumper or bumper-less. It only sticks out about 2" past the ends of the frame
I don't think you will have issues with the 5" comp springs with all the weight your moving around. I have the 4" comps up front and besides the first week they have settled in nicely.

I don't think you will have issues with the 5" comp springs with all the weight your moving around. I have the 4" comps up front and besides the first week they have settled in nicely.

Cimarron- do you suggest 5's in the rear and 4" in the front for a level stance with a ton of weight.... assuming your running OME comps that is.

Thinking of lowering mine a tad and swapping out the Slee 6" coils I have now.

Thanks,

-A

Cimarron- do you suggest 5's in the rear and 4" in the front for a level stance with a ton of weight.... assuming your running OME comps that is.

Thinking of lowering mine a tad and swapping out the Slee 6" coils I have now.

Thanks,

-A
I'm running 4" OME comps up front and 4" Slee's in the rear. I have a 1" body lift as well. My stance is pretty level.

Thant looks great man!!! Well done.

Thanks! Hopefully I'll have some high-res pics this weekend when I get all the lights wired up

Thanks! Hopefully I'll have some high-res pics this weekend when I get all the lights wired up
Wife just bought me a Sony A58 SLR with 3 lens ... and Adobe Photoshop Light room!!! She treats me good... usually :hillbilly:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom