Espresso (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Another good deal for you back country steamers: [FS] Bellman stovetop steamer - Home-Barista.com

Have one...works great; simple & durable too.

What @spressomon meant to say was that I just bought that one and you should buy my Bellman coffee maker/steamer (but not use it to make coffee) instead for less :grinpimp:

*cough* @Cruiserdrew @PabloVTA *cough*

image.jpeg

Pair it with an Aeropress and you can make some campresso coffee rivaling that from a coffeehouse.

image.jpeg

Last edited:
So, I'm just going to throw this out there....

I'm in Seattle today, so naturally I go to Pikes place market and visit the first Starbucks. Then I walk three blocks up the road and visit a much less crowded one. I tell the kid behind the counter to " make me the best cup of black coffee you can".

So, he starts raving about the 'clover' machine and the you-can-only-get-it-here Pikes place reserve... Sounds good I say. Well, honestly, it wasn't any better than my Red Bird sweet blue coffee pushed through an aeropress, and actually worse, because it had a grittier mouth feel to the last bit.

Aeropress f-n rocks.

So, I'm just going to throw this out there....

I'm in Seattle today, so naturally I go to Pikes place market and visit the first Starbucks. Then I walk three blocks up the road and visit a much less crowded one. I tell the kid behind the counter to " make me the best cup of black coffee you can".

So, he starts raving about the 'clover' machine and the you-can-only-get-it-here Pikes place reserve... Sounds good I say. Well, honestly, it wasn't any better than my Red Bird sweet blue coffee pushed through an aeropress, and actually worse, because it had a grittier mouth feel to the last bit.

Aeropress f-n rocks.

Starbucks bought Clover a few years ago and have them in select stores. The machines were being sold to independent coffee shops prior to the buyout, they were about $25k, single serve machines. It is basically a very controlled (with tight temperature control) and automated french press brewing method. If the beans are high quality, single origin, and roasted for the Clover, the brews can be very good. But the only time I've had a good Clover coffee was when they were first introduced, and at an independent shop that had very high quality control and roasted their own beans. At Charbucks stores I've had the same experience as you, drinks not worth the premium they charge, and I can make much better at home with my La Spaziale or on the road with the Aeropress.

So much happy in this photo. We've been five years, almost, out of the camping business because of medical equipment demands. We tried using a generator along with the tents, but it wasn't a really good solution. We picked up a camp trailer a few weeks back and this was our test run. I'm obviously still holding onto some of my tent gear in this photo, but it as so nice to be out for the weekend, for the first time in forever!

image.jpeg

Espresso that got turned into a cappuccino this morning. Yes, in camp...and solar powered :)

87D3DAA2-6A55-455E-8AE0-541067A29FB1.jpeg

87D3DAA2-6A55-455E-8AE0-541067A29FB1.jpeg
A8E275F2-969B-4A77-B58D-FDD52C0B1C7D.jpeg
4417A61C-736C-4331-AA29-83D74E52AA13.jpeg

I forgot the money shot :doh:

IMG_8753.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom