Espresso (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

A little inspiration for Mark :grinpimp:

image.jpg

Thanks for your help and inspiration.

I think I am going to pull the trigger on a Gaggia classic

Still up in the air on what grinder, this is quite the rabbit hole in terms of info.

While in Sacto we were able to meet up with Sean @temple Coffee Roasters yesterday. Sean recommended their Dharma Blend which we tasted in a cappa while at their "S Street" cafe. It was so wonderful I had to have a bag to pull at "home" (we're traveling around the west...). After pulling a few shots this morning on my travel kit's Ponte Vecchio Export...it repeated the big "wow" flavor in the cup we discovered at Temple yesterday.

If you're looking for a nicely balanced yet incredibly flavorful bean blend for espresso with big hazelnut, caramel, nutmeg and some chocolate thrown into the mix...

Temple's Dharma Blend is one wonderful surprise of late in my world of wonderfully tasty beans for espresso! For the few here that are anchored in the world of espresso making I suggest you order up a bag or three of Temple's Dharma Blend! And it doesn't hurt Sean is a Land Cruiser guy too :)

Temple Dharma.jpg

Last edited:
I thought I was crazy with a Stanley french press....you guys need to be setup next to me camping and up about 20 minutes before me :cheers:

^ thinking about a different rear bumper...with dual swing outs...with one holding a Honda 2000 generator...to power my 110v Ponte Vecchio Export traveling companion; its going to happen. The Portaspresso is capable of some very tasty espresso but the workflow dance for more than a couple is a PITA. Whereas the PVE would facilitate most of us drinking our espresso drinks together :D

Portaspresso, now we know how you gots your screen name. Spressomon.
-Flatu8er
-Just Say No to Beano

Did you ever get the Temple beans to taste right-I didn't figure out until after the trip that you way over paid me for those, so next year, your choice of Temple 'spresso beans is on me.

I'd like to introduce you to my new lady-friend...

image.jpg

This sexy red Italian beauty is a 1970's SAMA Export, the precursor to spressomon's Ponte Vecchio Export which is still made today with almost identical parts.

I got 'er off eBay, in a sad state of neglect, long forgotten about and put aside in a dark corner.

I cleaned it up, inside & out, replaced a few worn/damaged components, located the missing parts, modified original parts to jive with new parts, painted the base and got her back together last night.

image.jpg

I'm still learning how to stroke her lever and tell her what she wants to hear, but she is already cranking out some delicious juice...

image.jpg

(If anybody is looking for an "affordable", badass machine, my old one will be available after our divorce is finalized. Probably have a grinder divorce soon too.)

Sexy red! Welcome to lever-itice :D (its a good thing :))

Hey Cam, did you get rid of your old girl?

I love my moka espresso pot. Looks like you have some vintage stuff there...

Nice Baby Faemina and La Pappina! Still use them?

I lived in Milano for 18 months back in the mid eightys and developed an affinity for things Italian... And vintage is always interesting for me...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom