Erod LS3 with 4L65E conversion in houston galveaton area (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Planning to do a heart transplant on my '93. Decided to go with the GM crate Erod LS3 engine with a 4L65E. Looking for guidance if anyone in the Houston/Galveston texas (living in league city) area has done one on an 80 series. Never done this but willing to have fun learning. However wont do this eyes closed hence looking for mentorship.
Main use of LC is long trips to go camping, commuting and little to no boulder crawling (love to try).
Any advise or contacts would be greatly appreciated.

Talk to Javier @ the Gulf Coast Crawl Shop in Houston.

Why the LS3 over the LC9? I am thinking about a swap and just curious what made you decide ls LS3. With the LS3 you do get more horsepower for a few extra dollars.

Also read the posts by RockJock83. He knows if stuff. He has also got the cruiser control to work! I will most likely take my 97' 80 series to Jonathan.

Also read the posts by RockJock83. He knows if stuff. He has also got the cruiser control to work! I will most likely take my 97' 80 series to Jonathan.

^^ This, Rock knows these swaps like the back of his hand now.

Why the LS3 over the LC9? I am thinking about a swap and just curious what made you decide ls LS3. With the LS3 you do get more horsepower for a few extra dollars.

Been reading about a few people doing it and also ICON does it. Since i am willing to try new things i also like to manage risks so that is why i chose something that seems to have lots of experience from others.

I know this is way late in response but cannot find RockJock83. Any ideas?

Don't know anything about the swap but can give a helping hand when available, I am in league city often.

I know this is way late in response but cannot find RockJock83. Any ideas?

Try @RockJock82 ;)

The newer way to tag people helps, as I just searched ~4sec & came up witha pic from him w/ LSx heads on a motor.

LS3’s are a kick - I have one in my jet sled & it pops onto step & is far more controlled on step than when I had a Vortec 350 doing maybe what - 250+ HP?

It took a good 50-100’ depending on current direction prior, now with 400HP & impeller swap, 25-50’ max no matter direction. 1-2 boat lengths & it’s up.

I couldn’t imagine a LSA / LT4, that would just be a birfield breaker I’d think.

Any LS bottom end plus the head redesign - is going to be an upgrade IMO esp over the cast iron Vortec head gen of GM.

Try @RockJock82 ;)

The newer way to tag people helps, as I just searched ~4sec & came up witha pic from him w/ LSx heads on a motor.

LS3’s are a kick - I have one in my jet sled & it pops onto step & is far more controlled on step than when I had a Vortec 350 doing maybe what - 250+ HP?

It took a good 50-100’ depending on current direction prior, now with 400HP & impeller swap, 25-50’ max no matter direction. 1-2 boat lengths & it’s up.

I couldn’t imagine a LSA / LT4, that would just be a birfield breaker I’d think.

Any LS bottom end plus the head redesign - is going to be an upgrade IMO esp over the cast iron Vortec head gen of GM.
Lost you in a couple of places but seems your are boat enthusiast and should invite me to push that lever hehe

Planning to do a heart transplant on my '93. Decided to go with the GM crate Erod LS3 engine with a 4L65E. Looking for guidance if anyone in the Houston/Galveston texas (living in league city) area has done one on an 80 series. Never done this but willing to have fun learning. However wont do this eyes closed hence looking for mentorship.
Main use of LC is long trips to go camping, commuting and little to no boulder crawling (love to try).
Any advise or contacts would be greatly appreciated.

AUTOMATIC – 2WD E-ROD†
Engine: 19369331
Engine Control System: (included)
Transmission (4L65-E): 19368611
Transmission Installation Kit: 19259117
Torque Converter: 19299802
Transmission Control System: 19302405

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom