electrical fire in my lando 80. please help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
noticed my dash under the wheel by my left foot was smoking. pulled over and pulled the panel off and found a decent sized electrical fire. destroyed my main wireharness. now having to redo all the wireing, but cant find a place to get an all new wire harness. Going to the dealer is my last option. any imput would be much appreciated.

Sorry to hear. CDan or Beno (both with Toyota) can be foiund here with a simple search. Best prices going for true Toyota parts.

With that said, it's hard to help when we don't know anything about your rig, as in year mileage and history. If you want more help you need to cough up more info.

Official mud welcome :flipoff2:

Buck

Once you determine which harness another option would be to search in the classifieds parting out section for a used part.

Sorry to hear. CDan or Beno (both with Toyota) can be foiund here with a simple search. Best prices going for true Toyota parts.

With that said, it's hard to help when we don't know anything about your rig, as in year mileage and history. If you want more help you need to cough up more info.

Official mud welcome ************

Buck

95 toyota landcruiser fzj80
193xxx miles
2 1/2" OME Lift
35's
Otherwise pretty stock, i bought it about a few months ago, although this isnt my first rodeo owning and building a wheeler. Already put a good 5k miles on her. Many of those pretty hard wheeling miles. Got her stupid stuck in about 5 feet of mud and water yesterday. ended up with a good few inches of water in the cab. everything seemed fine once i got her out until a few hours later when the fire occured.
thanks for the welcome

95 toyota landcruiser fzj80
193xxx miles
2 1/2" OME Lift
35's
Otherwise pretty stock, i bought it about a few months ago, although this isnt my first rodeo owning and building a wheeler. Already put a good 5k miles on her. Many of those pretty hard wheeling miles. Got her stupid stuck in about 5 feet of mud and water yesterday. ended up with a good few inches of water in the cab. everything seemed fine once i got her out until a few hours later when the fire occured.
thanks for the welcome

oh and as far as history goes...she had never been wheeled before i bought her

I have the entire engine wiring harness for sale in classifieds now.

Sounds like your best bet on this sale. Cheaper than new and works just as well. :cheers:

I'd find out why it happened also, don't want to put in a new harness and have it burn up too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom